Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPO tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Nobody around at that time to help out? where did they head for, tesco or something
    ?

Surprisingly not.

One headed for tesco, the other ran somewhere near the blackbox - and got caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr_G^_^

i got head butted in the nose on stephens night - what a great time i had...
    then i get attacked outside by the guys friend who proceeds to beat me for 10 mins up and down the street
    feckin drink its the worst drug

shotgun and boot applied to cheek next time lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

thats one thing i havew noticed Galway has gotten really bad at night.
    i moved to culchie land over a year ago, and i used to go out quiet alot in galway and at the time, i would hear about the odd fight but now its an everyday occurance.
    at the last heat thing in the radisson there eas a guy stabbed outside. there is always war outside mc donalds at night, all you have to do is check to see if the window is broken and it usually tells the story.
    it is really going beyond the joke now, and the bouncers dont stop you from fighting i noticed.isn't that their job?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

cmmni wrote:
    thats one thing i havew noticed Galway has gotten really bad at night.
    i moved to culchie land over a year ago, and i used to go out quiet alot in galway and at the time, i would hear about the odd fight but now its an everyday occurance.
    at the last heat thing in the radisson there eas a guy stabbed outside. there is always war outside mc donalds at night, all you have to do is check to see if the window is broken and it usually tells the story.
    it is really going beyond the joke now, and the bouncers dont stop you from fighting i noticed.isn't that their job?

Not really, once yer off the property they are 'securing', they're not liable anymore. Their job is to stop fights inside a club, stop people messing, stop people having fun, act the kn0b, oh and refuse people entry randomly :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

oh and refuse people entry randomly

i noticed that alot recenlty also, especailly Cps over girls skirts being too long or lads shoes not being right..

it a night out ppl dont want a bouncer telling them they cant get into the club cos they dont have the right shoes on or skirt is too long...

• Advertisement

cmmni wrote:
    i noticed that alot recenlty also, especailly Cps over girls skirts being too long or lads shoes not being right..

it a night out ppl dont want a bouncer telling them they cant get into the club cos they dont have the right shoes on or skirt is too long...

CP bouncers are a different kettle of fish altogether. They're power tripping f*ckers. While ive never had a problem with them (never even get ID'd actually), ive seen them treat some people like animals before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

JohnCleary wrote:
    CP bouncers are a different kettle of fish altogether. They're power tripping f*ckers. While ive never had a problem with them (never even get ID'd actually), ive seen them treat some people like animals before

I got stopped going into CP's once cos i had rips on the bottoms of my trousers!!!

Another nite, after having 2 PINTS, i was stopped from going in, and the bouncer said something along the lines of - you had more than drink!!!

I had taken off my glasses a second before reachin the doors and stumbled on the kirb, a$$hole wouldnt let me in, i rang the managers that nite and complained, the bouncer called me back the next day and apologised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

lol nice1

brian_boru wrote:
    I got stopped going into CP's once cos i had rips on the bottoms of my trousers!!!

Another nite, after having 2 PINTS, i was stopped from going in, and the bouncer said something along the lines of - you had more than drink!!!

I had taken off my glasses a second before reachin the doors and stumbled on the kirb, a$$hole wouldnt let me in, i rang the managers that nite and complained, the bouncer called me back the next day and apologised!!

I'm surprised that you got such a response. CP bouncers are well known for the "You're too drunk, not tonight lad" line.

I think its funny, friend of mine got stopped one night (Wasnt drinking, plays for Connaught) and they asked him how much he had to drink and he looked drunk. I on the other hand, totally blotto and off my game just sailed through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Bouncers look after themselves first, then their security colleagues, then other bar and floor staff, then and only then do they try to keep the peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Came out of Taafes one night, walked past FOUR cops chatting outside Kings Head/corner of High St/Shop St. Got to the middle of Shop St just before AIB. Two fellas started kickin the living sh!t out of each other, as me and my pals stared in drunken wonder. Cops continued to chat on, oblivious. Thirty seconds go by and two black lads passing start whistling and shouting for the cops (fair play). Cops look up from their obviously riveting conversation and leg it up to break up the fight, at which point the damage was done to one of the participents.

If 4 cops less than 100 yards from a fight can't even spot it, I don't think more guards on the beat is going to help!

Advertisement