Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Whats the quality of 3's network

• 17-12-2005 7:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

The GF uses here fone alot and was think of going with the €25 for 200mins package.Then I remember the good old days when Meteor started and the bad coverage. Whats three's network like and who's network are they piggy backing

Thks Cubix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I only know 1 person on 3 at the moment and i've heard no complaints from him however when I was in CPW today buying my new k750i (:D) my mate who works there warned me off the 3 network saying it is not the best at the moment. He has only worked there for around a month though, but still it was enough to push me to O2, that and the free dvd player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I only know 1 person on 3 at the moment and i've heard no complaints from him however when I was in CPW today buying my new k750i (:D) my mate who works there warned me off the 3 network saying it is not the best at the moment. He has only worked there for around a month though, but still it was enough to push me to O2, that and the free dvd player.

don't mind your mate. they're using vodafone's coverage so they have 99.5% coverage. the only problem with 3 is the roaming and that'll get sorted soon enough. the other week my phone went faulty and a courier came to my college and dropped me out a new one. i doubt o2 would do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Where there is no 3 Network, the phone will roam on to Vodafone's 2G network.

Where there is coverage (almost 70% of the population are covered) the signal is the strongest of any network.

3 have switched off roaming on to Vodafone in Dublin because their signal is so much stronger, they just don't need it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I got my three phone last week and so far so good around Waterford area, will know what its like around Kilkenny next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Even though I had many problems with 3 the one thing they couldnt be beaten on was coverage. I got 3G coverage with 3 that no one else had!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Dellas wrote:
    Even though I had many problems with 3 the one thing they couldnt be beaten on was coverage. I got 3G coverage with 3 that no one else had!!!!

What kind of probs Dellas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I got my 3 phone, a 6680 from CPW in Waterford last September. I have never had any problems while on the 3 network. On a few occasions while roaming on Voda, I was unable to make calls and on occasion while on 3 I was unable to receive calls from voda customers altough when that happened I called them, they ran a diagnostic and told me that my phone was attached to the network and had a strong send and receive signal and that there was no reason why I should have been able to receive the call unless voda was not routing it to 3.

As for coverage, likewise I was able to receive full 3G coverage while at my grans house and at a point when Meteor and O2 were the only other networks with signals. There are a few downsides to 3s roaming. The do not have enough operator agreements with certain countries like britain and the US meaning that we cannot text those numbers at present. Naturaly 3 are blaming Voda and O2 britain for the delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

3's coverage is rolling out quite fast - however Vodafone still have a wider spread of coverage across the country. Interestingly 02 are accelerating their coverage - no doubt concerned about their rate of connections with negligible growth in their last figures. This Christmas doesn't look as if they are getting the sort of growth that they hoped for - Meteor & Vodafone look as if they are the ones spending the money to attract more customers. Looks like 02 will be launching their 3G network (finally) early in 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

cubix wrote:
    What kind of probs Dellas?

Just sending texts to friends and family abroad. The ultra high cost of roaming and calling abroad and then being overcharged on calls whilst roaming . Those were my main problem . It may not affect most people but it was an issue for me personally!!!

They are a good domestic network but very poor for outside of the Republic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

talked to a guy in carphone warehouse yesterday and he said there a chance that the nokia n70 might be released before x mass on 3 (long shot i know) but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost?
    €25 a month package if you can

• Advertisement

N70 is definitely not coming out on 3

ya it is
    its alreayd out on 3 in the uk and ive talked to people on 3's customer care loads of times and they all say its coming
    were did you hear that it wasnt?

Horse's mouth ;)

Take it from me. It is DEFINITELY not coming out over here.

They have come to the end of it's life in the UK already and 3 have no more coming from nokia.

damn thats a real shame thanks for the info
    dont know what 3 phone to get now
    really wanted to stay with the nokia smartphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Any one having any trouble with there browser on the 3 network or any network for that matter today i just keep getting no network available when i launch it . can still make calls though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

ok now quick reboot of the phone and it cool again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Jam Man wrote:
    Horse's mouth ;)

Take it from me. It is DEFINITELY not coming out over here.

They have come to the end of it's life in the UK already and 3 have no more coming from nokia.

No more coming from Nokia at all?

No - just the N70 is not being launched over here...:D

Any idea of when the next nokia will be released? I want to sign up with 3 but im waiting for another nokia the 6680 is oldish now.

6280 is the next one but I think they're not getting it until January

Nokia-6280.jpg

• Advertisement

If you get any release date let me know will you.

after much thought ive decided to go with the v3x over this nokia 6280
    besides the wait i think the v3x is a much better looking phone and as much as i love smartphones i seem to use the smartphone features on my nokia 6600 less and less every day

Advertisement