Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weekend's PL Action (Includes Scores)

• 17-12-2005 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

12:45 Aston Villa v Man Utd
    15:00 Everton v Bolton
    15:00 Fulham v Blackburn
    15:00 Portsmouth v West Brom
    15:00 West Ham v Newcastle
    15:00 Wigan v Charlton
    17:15 Man City v Birmingham

Sunday, December 18, 2005
    13:30 Middlesbrough v Tottenham
    16:00 Arsenal v Chelsea

My Predictions:

12:45 Aston Villa v Man Utd - Man Utd
    15:00 Everton v Bolton - Bolton
    15:00 Fulham v Blackburn - Blackburn
    15:00 Portsmouth v West Brom - Pompey
    15:00 West Ham v Newcastle - Draw
    15:00 Wigan v Charlton - Draw
    17:15 Man City v Birmingham - City

13:30 Middlesbrough v Tottenham - Draw
    16:00 Arsenal v Chelsea - Draw

Plenty of tight games this weekend that could go either way!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My Predictions:

12:45 Aston Villa v Man Utd - Man Utd:(
    15:00 Everton v Bolton - Bolton
    15:00 Fulham v Blackburn - Draw
    15:00 Portsmouth v West Brom - West Brom
    15:00 West Ham v Newcastle - Newcastle
    15:00 Wigan v Charlton - Wigan
    17:15 Man City v Birmingham - City

13:30 Middlesbrough v Tottenham - Tottenham
    16:00 Arsenal v Chelsea - Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    12:45 Aston Villa v Man Utd Away
    15:00 Everton v Bolton Away
    15:00 Fulham v Blackburn Home
    15:00 Portsmouth v West Brom Home
    15:00 West Ham v Newcastle Home
    15:00 Wigan v Charlton Away
    17:15 Man City v Birmingham Home

13:30 Middlesbrough v Tottenham Home
    16:00 Arsenal v Chelsea Home

kdjac

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Two predictions for Arsenal wins? Whatever you're smoking, I'll have some!

The only way I can see Arsenal winning this is if Henry/Reyes/Van Persie produce a moment of individual magic. The team is all over the place at the moment, Fabregas is Arsenal's only midfielder who is playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

My Predictions

12:45 Aston Villa v Man Utd - Draw
    15:00 Everton v Bolton - Home
    15:00 Fulham v Blackburn - Away
    15:00 Portsmouth v West Brom - Draw
    15:00 West Ham v Newcastle - Away
    15:00 Wigan v Charlton - Away
    17:15 Man City v Birmingham - Home

13:30 Middlesbrough v Tottenham - Away
    16:00 Arsenal v Chelsea - Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

12:45 Aston Villa v Man Utd - Away
    15:00 Everton v Bolton - Draw
    15:00 Fulham v Blackburn - Away
    15:00 Portsmouth v West Brom - Home
    15:00 West Ham v Newcastle - Away
    15:00 Wigan v Charlton - Home
    17:15 Man City v Birmingham - Home

13:30 Middlesbrough v Tottenham - Draw
    16:00 Arsenal v Chelsea - Draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Newcastle, Wigan and Bolton all 1-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Arsenal always do well at home, and especially against Chelsea.
    Form is irrelevent coming into big games like this, since all players rise to the moment and play really well. I expect Henry to win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

what the heck is with blackburn. they do pretty good against the decent teams and then when it comes to a crap side ( no offence to fulham, but they are atm ), the always do poop

<sighs>

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Newcastle 2-1 up against WestHam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

PHB wrote:
    Arsenal always do well at home, and especially against Chelsea.
    Form is irrelevent coming into big games like this, since all players rise to the moment and play really well. I expect Henry to win it

I hope you are right, I fear a draw will be the best we will get. It will be strange to find myself routing for the Gunners tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just watched the Wigan-Charlton game, impressed by the former. Exellent application and spirit, Charlton are a shambles though. I doubt Camera would have got that hat-trick gainst any other team today!

Mike.

Boro - Spurs going against the Londoners 2 goals from Yakubu and one from Keane.

Mike.

Spurs equallised through Jenas then Boro scored with a goal which may not have fully crossed the line.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

mike65 wrote:
    Spurs equallised through Jenas then Boro scored with a goal which may not have fully crossed the line.
    It looked like the linesman got it spot on. Fair play to him.

Cracking game so far. 3-3 and Robinson has made some excellent saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The 'Boro/Spurs game was excellent. I haven't heard any news on the Morrison injury, hopefully he's okay. It looked really serious, even Mido and Keane were shouting for the medics.
    I have no idea how the linesman saw Quedrueue's header go over the line, but fair play to him, bang on decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

From BBC website :'The game had five minutes of stoppage time after Morrison was carried off on a stretcher unconscious but neither side was able to claim the three points.

By the time Morrison had reached the dressing room he had regained consciousness. '

Hopefully he's fine .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The 'Boro/Spurs game was excellent.

You should have tried being at it, my heart has just migrated back to its rightful place after spending much of the day in my mouth...

From an excitement/entertainment point of view it was a great game, but some of the defending was shocking, especially from Spurs. Everytime Boro cakme forward I thought they were going to score. Robinson was our saviour with a couple of top drawer saves in the 2nd half, he won us the point.

Andy Reid was poor IMO, he tried a few through balls that didn't work out, and when he drifted inside he didn't have the pace to get back out left side toprovide cover for Lee. With Boro's work rate we needed all hands to the pumps, but he was a let down.

I've now seen the 3rd Boro goal and it was a great call by the lineo, but I though Howard Webb had a bad game. Davids got another yellow by virtue of the fact that he is himself, while he himself was fouled continuously with f*ck all protection from Webb. Boro can feel hard done by as well, they had a couple of penalty calls not given (Reid's tackle on Morrison in the 1st half was one, I've seen them given)

Still, the positive was we got a point where we got none last year. We're 4th, and only Boro can catch us of the teams with games in hand, and we're scoring goals away from home (the same amount in 8 this season as in all of last season...:eek: ). We've matched or bettered every result from last season (fixture for fixture)

Finally, Boro is a s*ithole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

You should have tried being at it, my heart has just migrated back to its rightful place after spending much of the day in my mouth...

From an excitement/entertainment point of view it was a great game, but some of the defending was shocking, especially from Spurs. Everytime Boro cakme forward I thought they were going to score. Robinson was our saviour with a couple of top drawer saves in the 2nd half, he won us the point.

Andy Reid was poor IMO, he tried a few through balls that didn't work out, and when he drifted inside he didn't have the pace to get back out left side toprovide cover for Lee. With Boro's work rate we needed all hands to the pumps, but he was a let down.

I've now seen the 3rd Boro goal and it was a great call by the lineo, but I though Howard Webb had a bad game. Davids got another yellow by virtue of the fact that he is himself, while he himself was fouled continuously with f*ck all protection from Webb. Boro can feel hard done by as well, they had a couple of penalty calls not given (Reid's tackle on Morrison in the 1st half was one, I've seen them given)

Still, the positive was we got a point where we got none last year. We're 4th, and only Boro can catch us of the teams with games in hand, and we're scoring goals away from home (the same amount in 8 this season as in all of last season...:eek: ). We've matched or bettered every result from last season (fixture for fixture)

Finally, Boro is a s*ithole!

Hopefully Spurs will have knackered Boro for their match against Blackburn in the cup this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

As an aside, after they only got 9000 for their UEFA Cup game midweek we had a few "s*it ground, no fans" and "shall we fill your ground for you" chants for the locals. Their south and east stands had big areas of empty seats yesterday, and the PA used every opportunity to remind fans of Wednesday's match, and that it "is not on live TV" (i.e. if you wanna see it you gotta come). They're planning on only opening two stands on the night.

Funny, how many will look for tickets if they reach the final????

Advertisement