Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php mail function help needed

Options
  • 17-12-2005 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm using the standard php mail() function to send some email. I'm using the function as follows:

mail(recipient, subject, message, headers)

This works fine on yahoo and g-mail, but in Thunderbird, the headers (MIME version, REPLY TO etc) are being shown at the top of the email along with other info like status. Is this just a Thunderbird thing? If I leave out the headers, will the mail still arrive intact? It's a html email, so I suspect I at least need the content type header?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yea, the header field is optional, you'll need the content-type one for a html message alright though.

if you post your code,someone might be able to tell you why its not working as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

thanks, but I think I got it sussed. I had \r\n in my headers, which appeared to be causing an issue, certainly with tb. I canged it to \n and everything seems to be okay.

Advertisement