Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Criminals copying car's details

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,405 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Actually this crime has long been carried out in this country by types with provo connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

junkyard wrote:
    Well Mike as I say I have no proof but I have come across a few dodgy guys buying write-offs in my time and wondered why they payed so much for a wreck in two or three pieces. One thing of note is that all the wrecks were very new and I certainly wouldn't put them back together as I didn't think it would be viable. .

Well I can tell a story about someone who bought a 2nd hand van from a respected dealer (I'm not naming names) who was stopped by the previous owner of the van who told him it's history i.e. that it was written off after a crash. So the van owner goes to the dealer repeats what he's heard and is immediately given a cheque for the price of the van!

While I realise that legally this is hearsay and not acceptable in a court of law as evidence, I do believe that this is a true story; as the person who told me has no axe to grind with any party in this matter.

So just be careful when buying 2nd hand (even from main dealers).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

identical-license-plates.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The number plates look like diplomatic plates and the same number is put on all a particular countries fleet of vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jimb433

The best way to solve this would be

put the car on the Garda National Computer , as cloned. but ( important ) put the details of the real owner on at the same time. Im sure the real owner is not going to be bothered about a few minutes questioning at the side of the road, to proove who he is , meantime the crook will have a different ending. and wont be having a nice day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Must be a record for a zombie resurrection :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement