Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (for the season that's in it)

• 17-12-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard this stuff? Up until Thursday, neither had I until a friend sent me a track. If you're fed up with Band Aid and Last Christmas, I'd strongly advise checking them out. A mix of classical music and carols combined with rock arrangements and lots of guitar. Recommended while you're in the Christmas mood.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Brought a smile to my face anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Which Trans-siberian sond are we talking about.

Carol of the bells?

Carol of the bells with metallica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

You should hear their violinist play purple haze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

daram wrote:

Hmm... So that's who did that music. I thought it sounded very Nightwish-esque, which I rather liked, so I might indeed give them more of a listen. Checking out their website at the moment.

I got their three albums, plus a 45 minute video in a box set. The video has a Christmas Special Made-for-TV feel about it, but it features the band playing and isn't bad. The music is great, although I prefer the instrumental pieces to the vocal pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The sorta Savatage offshoot band?

What's the guitar playing like?

Yeah, read somewhere vaguely that Jon Oliva is or was involved. Guitar playing is good, IMO, although there's a lot of mellower stuff without guitar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Think their producer Paul O'Neil came up with the idea for it. Would have loved to hear it with Criss Oliva playing guitar..

Might check them out properly sometime. Am a big Chris Caffery fan too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i've heard their christmas-y stuff. some of it's very good, some of it is boring. seem very hit n miss, but tbf, when they're good, they're very very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Hmm... So that's who did that music. I thought it sounded very Nightwish-esque, which I rather liked, so I might indeed give them more of a listen. Checking out their website at the moment.

Yeah I'd seen that video too and thought the music was something quite special... And now I know who it is. Brilliant.

Advertisement