Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boradband causing problems with ebay sign in

• 17-12-2005 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

ever since i got broadband installed i have difficulties loading certain pages - mainly ebay - i can browse the site but occasionally i cant sign in at all - today i spent 30 mins trying to sign in - then i disconnected the bb and connected with dialup and signed in straight away -then i switched back and have been using myebay as normal --- also it wants me to download and open a dll file - eBayISAPI.dll
    any ideas

the other problems i have are mainly to do with web pages getting stuck

edit:: it seems to be secure sites that cause the prob - bank365 also

IBB/firefox1.5 ( similar effect on IE )

ps - trying to sign OUT now and appears to be about to time out

:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

are you using a router?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

yes but the other pc attached can sign in and out no problem - i tried turning of the firewall in the router anyway though

when i delete the cookies on either ie or ffox i can sign in - but i have to delete them again to sign out because sign out hangs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

You say it worked right away when you connected with dialup (you didnt mention having to delete the cookies then) - in that case it may be an issue with the MTU/MRU size on the router which can affect secure sites like ebay, banking, msn etc. Check with your ISP to see if they have a specifed MTU size.

great stuff - will check that out tomorrow - thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement