Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television path.

Options
  • 17-12-2005 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there!

Any chance that the main television forum could be moved from its current path of

boards.ie/vbulletin > Arts > Television > Television

to just

boards.ie/vbulletin > Arts > Television

as whilst not an life delibiltating problem or anything it is irksome having to use those submenus to get to a folder that already has the same name as it's parent.

For a comparison this proposed format already exists on the films board where the main 'film' board is not a child folder of another 'film' folder. Plus I'm pretty sure I remember this format existing for TV once upon a time anyway.

Considering the main TV board holds 78% of all posts and threads for the television category it doesn't seem to make sense having it as just a subcategory.

Thanks for reading..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Why not add it to your subbed list?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I would imagine that if this were done, you would have to scroll through all the other subforums listed under television to get to the posts you wish to read.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, just add to your subbed list. Solves everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

IIRC, from when i was last talking to cloud about something like this he mentioned if its more than three fora, it has to be contained in the folder and cant have teh same layout as something like the film fora section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

IIRC, from when i was last talking to cloud about something like this he mentioned if its more than three fora, it has to be contained in the folder and cant have teh same layout as something like the film fora section.
    That'd explain why it only changed when Lost was moved to Television.

I asked Cloud if he could move Lost from Hosted>Public to Television since there were feck all people on it at the time and he said he was going to move the TV section around.

I had wondered why Television was a sub-forum of Television but I guess I didn't give it that much thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i remember loosing the tv forum for a while as i didnt know it was moved, same happened to the motors forum

i prefered the old way....damn wippersnappers....had to walk 50miles barefoot to school.....incoherent grumble....i peed myself.....zzzzzzzzzz

Advertisement