Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going out clothes

• 17-12-2005 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

im 17 and i dont have any clothes for going to pubs and discos and stuff all my clothes are tracksuits i need to get a good pair of jeans and a shirt im not sure what kind of shoes are the best for going out.. since i rarerly go out i need some advice on the best clothes to wear and were to buy them. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

It really depends on what you like. Don't wear something you don't like just because it looks like a going out shirt. Go in to places like Burton and Topman. They (mostly) have a good range so you'll probably find something you like and they have a lot of stuff that would satisfy any bouncer. (on the clothes front anyway, some of them will just decide not to let you in and nothing you say or wear will persuade them otherwise)
    And for getting in somewhere you can't go wrong with just a normal pair of black leather shoes but if it's a matter of taste just look around and look for a pair that catches your eye. Thats what i normally do and i haven't regretted buyang a pair of shoes/boots yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Shirt, trouser/jeans, and black shoes. Buy them in shops.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

should probably be in fashion and apperance.topman have some lovely clothes

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Go shopping with a girl, one who dresses nicely all of the time. She'll tell you what to buy, and you never know...

Anyway, that's how I get my clothes. Which reminds me, it's been about a year since I was near a clothes shop...*rummages for phone number of sassy lay-day*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You'll get decent shirt/jeans in Penneys for peanuts.

Tbh, you dont a shirt going out. Just a nice pair of jeans/shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

River Island is where i buy most of my clothes. Not loving their winter line ( yeah I sound gay ) . Topman is good in Liffey Valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt and a pair of caterpillar boots. Im 22 tho, and look a bit older than my age, so bouncers dont really care what im wearing as long as im not scruffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Jack and Jones has nice clothes for guys. Some of their t-shirts are really nice for wearing to pubs etc. Try topman too and O'Connors on Grafton St. That's a bit more pricy tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

I wouldn't but much in Penney's as girls usually know everything there is in that shop, and there's something about a whole penneys outfit... (not meaning to sound snobby or anything here, Penney's is my mecca). Most shops have a mens section, and no need to go overboard, just dress nicely.
    Oh and somebody with priviledges move this to fashion and appearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Lump wrote:
    Shirt, trouser/jeans, and black shoes. Buy them in shops.

John
    Thats Riot.....
    Sounds good, should this be in Fashion though?
    JOHN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm sorry but Topman is full of bender clothes with frilly frickin flowers on them.

Where in the West are you?
    Just try any mens clothes shops. Loose/comfort fit jeans are now becoming more popular that boot cut jeans.. and theyre much more comfortable too.

Also, shirts are no longer deemed necessary. I rarely wear shirts out, and its only when I go out without a shirt on I realise how everyone wearing a shirt looks the same lol.

Finally, shoes. You cant go wrong with a nice pair of shoes! The laceless shoe is becoming mor epopular (from what ive seen). Don't go for an over-the-top glossy shoe, a nice matt/slight shine black shoe and your sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah the usual pair of jeans and either dark brown or black shoes i wear, does the trick, i find them most confortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Go shopping with a girl, one who dresses nicely all of the time. She'll tell you what to buy, and you never know...

Nah that's a bad idea. I tried that once and everybody ended up hating my mini-skirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Nah that's a bad idea. I tried that once and everybody ended up hating my mini-skirt...

I was going to say i hated those tights aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

MikeTysonGo in to Penneys for a nice pair of jeans, €15 i think. Guineys in William street have some nice tops (shirts,t-shirts) sometimes, places like Remix (next to guineys), River Island, Chaps will all have nice stuff. As for shoes, get a nice pair of black shoes. Try Levis shop in William street (on corner of alley by Cruises Street) they have some nice Pod anr Wrangler "going Out" shoes. Also Kickers have some nice shoes, theyre kind of a tan colour and i saw them in Champion Sports there 2day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

JohnCleary wrote:
    Where in the West are you?
    QUOTE]

Weston is the name of a place in Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

thanks for the advice i got black shoes in wacky shoes for 50 euro. and dark blue tommy hilfiger jeans in chapps. and i got a long sleeve tshirt in there. i was out at a christmas party in hurlers and got in easily. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

I usually wear tracksuits, hoodies and my white runners when going out, and im a long haired heavy kettler. Depends on what pubs you're wanting to go to. You need to dress up for niteclubs, but normals pubs are grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not in Limerick, the best pubs tend to have strict enough door policy. Runners are not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Nice clothes ;)

Moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I've never been trurned away from any bar in Dublin for wearing runners. I would go so far as to say that it will always be something else about a person or their appearance which will make a bouncer's mind up for him, and the runners are an easy cop-out.

Plain t-shirts, plain jeans, and a nice pair of Clarks would usually be my appearance if I knew I was on a full-on night out. I find Armani or Paul Smith jeans to be the longest lasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The Full Circle range in BT2 is nice, some cool shirts/trousers, never have any problem getting into anywhere in town, but you wouldn't get into most pubs in town wearing nike runners and a tracksuit, maybe your local but not town.

Advertisement