Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibis Hotel, Cork

Options
  • 17-12-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I've just called the Ibis Hotel at the Dunkettle roundabout and got a price of €59 per night (I presume room only) for a family room for 2 adults, 2 kids < 5 for 28th/29th Dec.

Sounds a bit on the cheap side, I'm not knocking it, but does anyone know whether its clean.

The location suits as its a short distance to the city and easy access to Kinsale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Ibis hotels are absolutely fine. Breakfast in them is usually a buffet-style thing in their restaurant and it might be included. Ring and doublecheck. The beauty of them is that they price per room. They cater mainly to business travellers, so at that time of year, I'd imagine they'd be quiet and therefore are offering good rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

They're fine. Good value. Basic. Stay with them when I go to Paris too.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

When we travel it's with our tent. If it rains we dash to a Formula1 for some luxury (! for us anyway). If the Formula1 is full we sometimes (rarely) splash out on the next in line of the Accor group of hotels, the Ibis. Ahhh! spotless, big rooms, great showers, big TV, comfortable bed. Brekky is usually all you can eat but is usually extra in continental Ibis hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Be warned, the ibis in cork is quiet a good bit from the city centre, i wouldnt walk it but im a lazy git! You will be driving to the city centre but its in a handy location for wherever u want to go in cork, north, south, east, west, all main roads are close by

Advertisement