Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo 147 for xmas or not?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

draffodx wrote:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=303461

really like the look of that alfa romeo, looks class with the body kit
    but it would be a real expense for me with college and stuff so would it be worth it considering i currently drive a 1.4 03 Focus?

whats the 147 like?
    whats the 1.6 engine like?

I personally like them, but I'd lose the rear lights on that one, looks better original IMO. I don't know about the engine though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

oh yeh i hate the rear lights on it and would probably try and get the garage to put originals on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

That 147 aint a Sportivo - it has bog std. aircon system and not bi-zone climate control..

Is it the 105 or 120 BHP 1.6 engine? (distinctive versus t-spark)

i believe its the 120bhp engine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

That engine would be pokey enough, If your not looking for anything that will push your insurance costs up. Its a lovely car alright, Just loose them rear lights, Make it look cheap.

Hj

• Advertisement

ciarsd wrote:
    That 147 aint a Sportivo - it has bog std. aircon system and not bi-zone climate control..

Is it the 105 or 120 BHP 1.6 engine? (distinctive versus t-spark)

do you think the car company are trying to sell it off as a sportivo when its actually not?

draffodx wrote:
    i believe its the 120bhp engine

ive got the TSpark 120 BHP model. I'm into my 3rd year with it. Love it and have not had trouble with it thank god. I know some of them have a bad name - particularly the 01 early release models.

you wont get a better interior/spec for the cash, its unrivalled IMO.

does it have Cruise Control Bose etc? (just trying to determine the exact model, could come in useful for you if your bargaining or go to take a look at it!)

here's mine :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3503217&postcount=17

draffodx wrote:
    do you think the car company are trying to sell it off as a sportivo when its actually not?

quite possibly, although to be fair a lot of non Alfa garages are uneducated with the varying models and spec. list.
    If I was to believe all as truth from a dealers mouth, then I'd hazard a guess that he 'presumed' it was a Sportivo as it had leather (this was included in Sportivo spec, but optional on others)

feck thats nice, never seen dual exhausts look good on a car but they look class there.

not sure what it has, i've just emailed the company looking for the full spec.

if i got a standard 147 how much would it cost to put the body kit on it?

how longs a piece of string!

my kit is a mix n match from a couple of Alfa companies (Autodelta, NoviTec) and Cadamuro.

The exhausts are full stainless steel from Ragazzon in Italy.

But as I'm sure you are aware, the quality of the kit is only as good as the sprayer and fitter.

I spent €3.5-4K on what you see. Mines the Lusso spec (Climate, Cruise, 8 speaker CD system - pretty much everything bar the leather - mines got the black 'Sport Cloth' as the spec. lists says!

Hoping to get another Alfa in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Well if i had 15,000 id spend it elsewhere . But yeah , the car is very very nice - and im not even a big Alfa fan.. I'll have to go with the flow on this one and say youll need to change those rear lights!

If you have the money to spend and like the car and the way it drives then I think you should go for it.

C_Breeze wrote:
    Well if i had 15,000 id spend it elsewhere . But yeah , the car is very very nice - and im not even a big Alfa fan.. I'll have to go with the flow on this one and say youll need to change those rear lights!

If you have the money to spend and like the car and the way it drives then I think you should go for it.

What would you go for?
    i only really have 13000 but can stretch to 15000 so if i was going to stretch to that 15000 then it would have to be for something really nice.

can only really get insured in a 1.6 around 100 - 150 bhp
    ciarsd wrote:
    how longs a piece of string!

my kit is a mix n match from a couple of Alfa companies (Autodelta, NoviTec) and Cadamuro.

The exhausts are full stainless steel from Ragazzon in Italy.

But as I'm sure you are aware, the quality of the kit is only as good as the sprayer and fitter.

I spent €3.5-4K on what you see. Mines the Lusso spec (Climate, Cruise, 8 speaker CD system - pretty much everything bar the leather - mines got the black 'Sport Cloth' as the spec. lists says!

Hoping to get another Alfa in the new year.

probably wouldnt be able to afford that sort of money on a bodykit, if your getting a new car would you be selling your current car?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Red 147 posted above looks 'orrible to be honest.
    Ciarsd' 147 shows it can be done tastefully though.

If you're dead set on a non-standard 147 then this one is also worth considering:

02092005.jpg

Looks good imo. Not sure if it's still for sale though:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=309170&highlight=Alfa+147
    (last post has price down to 10.5K)

yeh i dunno what it is about the standard version it just needs that bodykit to make it look sexy.

what about known problems with the 147?
    can anyone point out what to look for or if i do get one what should be checked or looked after?

draffodx wrote:
    yeh i dunno what it is about the standard version it just needs that bodykit to make it look sexy.

what about known problems with the 147?
    can anyone point out what to look for or if i do get one what should be checked or looked after?

i left ya a PM. If you need any questions answered on 147 faults, known recalls etc drop me a pm or just do a search on this forum...well discussed :)

cheers ciarsd i'll probably pm you during the week

think that black one is gone it was on carzone but its gone now.

Advertisement