Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying a phone on Ebay

• 17-12-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if many people here have bought a phone on Ebay and how they got on? I've bought other stuff but nothing this big and wanna here from someone with experience.

Also. Anybody any info on this site? Looks too good to be true so it probably is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Hi,
    I bought one off eaby and got on just fine. As always with Ebay check the feedback of the seller before you commit to buying.
    Also keep an eye on whether the phone is locked or unlocked. Unlocking a phone will normally cost in the region of €20.
    Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ebays fine but NEVER Pay with western union as it cannot be traced once its sent that it ur money is gone. pay with paypal.thats site is defo fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

thats site is defo fraud

Ya I know. Was just hoping against hope that someone wouldsay that it's not and that they use it all the time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Bought couple of phones from ebay.Mostly from German ebay, because they are bit cheaper over there.Had to pay via bank transfer,and even with around 20 yoyos for p&p was still cheaper.
    Check the feedback, and payment options (no western union).Paypal the best (you can always get your money back if something goes wrong).
    Most brand new phones on german ebay are already unlocked :D.
    All the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I just bought a SPV C500 from a UK seller and it came 2 days after bid was won. Paypal is the best way to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That site must be fraudulent. 250 for any phone? Don't think so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I would not buy anything off that site. They are asking you to pay by bank transfer or by draft - almost the same as a cash deal. You have absolutely no come back whatsoever.

In their about section to say this:

A Shop Service That Is Secure, Flexible And Fast

MobileGSM-Shop is hosted on secure servers using the latest in encryption technology. MobileGSM-Shop is a licensed and accredited shopping company that operates in compliance with currently applicable shop regulations.

Yet there is no SSL when you go to buy and guess who you sent the drafts to:
    Money Order
    Please make money order payable to Voren Klaus or to Brian Berston, under the addresses listed below:

(We do not accept checks drawn on a credit card)

Voren Klaus
    Universitad XX
    Barcelona, XXXXX Spain

Brian Berston
    Urgel X
    Barcelona, XXXXXX Spain

These guys must be having a great laugh!!

There is a contact number but no postal address. And check out this in their T&C's: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of European Union in acordance with the United States laws. I'm not sure if they know where they are!!

Avoid like the plague!

Advertisement