Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDTV Problems Please help?

• 17-12-2005 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok lads my mate bought a Hdtv yesterday , now there is a problem. The problem is that it he says it looks amazong with his new xbox 360 but sky digital and dvds look weird/grainy. Now lads is their anyone else having the same problem and can it be rectified at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Indeed ... Plasmas and LCDs can make anything but the best picture look a lot worse than a normal Cathode Ray TV. Its a combination of the nature of the Panels plus the extra size blowing up the detail.

Without knowing exactly what panel he has, he can still make sure that he's getting the best picture from the available sources.

For Sky this means using the RGB feed via the TV scart (make sure that the SCART input on the panel accepts RGB, and in picture setting on the digibox the outout is set to RGB - NOT PAL). Composite will not look as good.

For the DVD player use YUV component, ideally you'd have a cheap progressive scan player using component.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

although i find that setting the sky box to PAL over the scart "blends" the picture in better, but that could be me.

Also the lcds get better over time, ive heard it takes up to 6 weeks to "break it in" and id well believe it, the picture seems more natural now.

I did also buy an upscaling HDMI dvd player and i must say it does a decent job
    Die hard never looked so good imo.

Btw: off topic
    @pH, i seem to have become used to the dlp rainbow would you believe :)

Advertisement