Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hi for those whove been to london

• 17-12-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

wheres the best areas for getting clothes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Oxford street. Anywhere to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xxxxx

Laguna wrote:
    Oxford street. Anywhere to be honest.
    ok where else, you say "anywhere" but thats not right, i mean where are the BEST areas that have several very good / large clothes shops?

and also another question which areas have the best skate and sports clothes shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

xxxxx wrote:
    ok where else, you say "anywhere" but thats not right, i mean where are the BEST areas that have several very good / large clothes shops?

and also another question which areas have the best skate and sports clothes shops?

Christ, sorry I spoke. Croydon for skate/sport ****. Oxford street for posh clothes shops. London isn't like Dublin you know, there's more than one area to buy *good* things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Miaow!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Carnaby Street is pretty famous for being a good place to get all types of clothes. It is well known for creating some fashion movements in history.

Its just behind Hamleys on Regent St which is very very near Piccadilly Circus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Kensington High Street's got lots of popular chain stores - The Gap, Urban Outfitters, etc.

That's the only shopping part of London I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ah my fav topic-shopping in London!!!
    tob be honset when I was there i used to go to this shopping centre called brent-cross-its on the red central line-its got everything under one roof and is brill.

Oxford street-v.good. The topshop and h+m is best there.Also there is a brill shoe shop called shelly across the road from them. Also go into selfridges cos they have a great big section with lots of good shops in there, a bit like clerys does have here.

Wouldnt bother going to carnaby street or camden unless your into alternativ/goth/hippy clothes.

Then id go to covent garden-they have lots of nice shops there-particularly neal street-lots of cool shops there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

croydon as some big shopping centres eg the whitgift which are pretty cool, and theres loads of streets with boutiques around them, youd be guaranteed to get something there as it a big enough place.
    if your talking more central london, covent garden would be my favourite (after camden/canal market in camden,though theyre mainly alternative clothes-still definately worth a visit no matter what your style imo). oxford street is a bit pricey for me, but each to their own-i know many people who go there any time theyre over, personally im not a fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

panda100 wrote:
    ah

Wouldnt bother going to carnaby street or camden unless your into alternativ/goth/hippy clothes.

To be honest last time I was there was a lot of surfwear and skater brand owned shops from Quiksilver, Ripcurl and a brilliant O'Neill's store. Had loads of skater clothes shops indeed! Also had a nike store if i remember correctly and a couple more sports shops.

Advertisement