Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your post exam playlist

Options
  • 17-12-2005 7:45pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

just wondering what do you stick on to unwind on the bus or at home afterwards?

i usually put on some chilled stuff, groove armada, jeff buckley or massive attack are post-exam candidates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I just stick to listenin to D4 heads talkin.....I broke my zen:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Nick Drake, The Postal Service, The Mountain Goats and Bright Eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Unlike me normally but Mozart really gets you relaxed.

Seen a Polo full of D4 girls "driving" out of RDS today pumping Upta Umpta music.. I was confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Funky wrote:
    Nick Drake, The Postal Service, The Mountain Goats and Bright Eyes.

they are some very nice choices, especially the postal service.

Why thank you, not many people have heard of the Mountain Goats but I can't recommend them enough, amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

your welcome, I think I have heard one song by them and it was good so I'm going to try and find some more of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Aye the Postal Service are quality.

I find some cheesy 80's tunes are great after an exam.....especiall the last exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If the exam's gone well, then usually some really upbeat power metal, stuff like Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce or Blind Guardian. If it hasn't gone well, then I just want a wall of noise... so something like Slipknot or System of a Down or Ensiferum is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Whatever mood im in but my playlists aint changed cause of exams (ie same sorta stuff i been listening to all year).

SoaD, Tool, APC, Pixies, Liquid Tension Experiment. Usually one of those but can be anything that i got on my zen really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Does anyone know who created that remix version of the doors light my fire (or was it the unknown soldier) and a blondie hit?? Its been bugging me all day, I heard it recently and I cant figure out what it was........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Liquid Tension Experiment

If there was a heart emoticon, I would use it :v:

I've been listening to a load of random stuff lately as my music harddrive broke :(Aural Moon has been getting a lot of my listening lately. Any radio station that plays an entire Godspeed track is ok in my book :D

I'm so glad no one has said arcade fire yet. Listenin to these huge rogby lovin D4 heads on the bus and they were goin on about how much they love them.

Nice to see you decide what kind of music you like by the type of people that listen to it. Arcade Fire have some quality music.

I like listening to the Arcade Fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Jack Johnson - nothing better for getting you into a good mood to be honest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

Can't go wrong with some Dashboard Confessionals or the Plain White T's! I used to like the postal service but I'm really gone off them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Red Alert wrote:
    i usually put on some chilled stuff, groove armada, jeff buckley or massive attack are post-exam candidates.

Oooh.. Jeff Buckley, ya cant go wrong there. Perfect after exam music.

Funky wrote:
    Nice to see you decide what kind of music you like by the type of people that listen to it. Arcade Fire have some quality music.
    Bloody typical!
    Seriously though, I think Arcade Fire are a great band, i'm just not into the whole bragging about how much I love their entire catalog of music and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

Today I listened to Opeth on the bus home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nothing. I don't have a working music player. Probably some Westlife or something if I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

Air - Moon Safari.
    That album and a few spliffs have such a synergetic effect. Sometimes I wish I still smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bloody typical!
    Seriously though, I think Arcade Fire are a great band, i'm just not into the whole bragging about how much I love their entire catalog of music and such.
    How do you brag about what you like?

Not so much as like, but the guys on the bus were annoying me when they were goin on about how much they know more about arcade fire than each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

anyone heard of this guy sufjan stevens? There's this one song John Wayne Gacy Jr. it's so good, can't get enough of it. Heard it a couple of weeks back then got it on itunes, but check it out if ye get a chance, real nice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

The people who said Jeff Buckley, Bright Eyes, the Postal service, Liquid Tension Experiment and Waltons for giving me that link that has me up far past my exams bedtime listening to that deadly radio station = quality tastes especially for after exams. Jeff Buckley seems to be a favourite for after exam journies.

Many quality bands and songs on that station!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

The people who said Jeff Buckley, Bright Eyes, the Postal service, Liquid Tension Experiment and Waltons for giving me that link that has me up far past my exams bedtime listening to that deadly radio station = quality tastes especially for after exams. Jeff Buckley seems to be a favourite for after exam journies.

Aye, it is good alright. I've listened late into the night :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

wake me up before ya go go

Advertisement