Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad pings when gaming

• 17-12-2005 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

i know you need to connect to servers that are close to you to get good ping. but, i can only seem to get a ping of at best 32 when gaming, im using NTL 3meg with a ntl250 ethernet modem, while my mate next to me is using 2 meg digiweb, and is getting pings of 15, wherever he goes.

is there anything i can do to get better results?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

32 is fine and about right, your mate is just lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hhahaha is this 32 ping affecting your gaming in anyway? Bearing mind 80 to 120 is perfectly playable in any game online. 40 to 80 is even better. Damn kids never had 220 ping on a server......

Anyway to answer your question your 1st hop is longer about 20ms to his 8ms, do a tracert from both pcs to any game server to confirm. Its the cable vs Dsl thing.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

oh, i feel like a twat now, didnt know that it was that little of a difference.... its not effecting my gaming at all, even so would be nice have a better ping.

Advertisement