Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symbyosis - Best Death Metal Album In Years

• 17-12-2005 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Over a year after I signed up for the subscription, the On The Wings Of Phoenix double album finally arrived a couple of weeks ago. I held off posting about just to have time to digest the wealth of tunes on both CD's and, having given it a lot of consideration, I proclaim this album one of the finest Death Metal releases I have ever heard. These guys distil the finest aspects of the likes of Death, Pestilence, Morbid Angel, Opeth, Atheist and even hints of Dream Theater and have created something really, really special. The sleeve alone is an indication of the huge amount of effort that clearly went into the album and the covers on the second cd are a fantastic compliment to the really top class original tunes. I urge everyone with an interest in the genre to lay their hands on this album. ****ing great stuff from a ****ing great band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where abouts would one get such an album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Try www.symbyosis.com - since its production was funded by subscription I don't think you'll be seeing it in HMV any time soon. Whatever it takes man, track it down, seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Doctor J wrote:
    Try www.symbyosis.com - since its production was funded by subscription I don't think you'll be seeing it in HMV any time soon. Whatever it takes man, track it down, seriously.

Right,said album wont be available to buy online/outside of France for some time yet.
    *but*
    It's on www.amazon.fr. They ship to Ireland (I've just ordered:D) so i hope your French is good Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Holy crap. Excellent find, Doc.

The CD might be available through Listenable Records soon, word is out on their forum.

Good stuff... though it's early days yet, I suspect I will laud this album in the future in a not too dissimilar way to the likes of Focus, Unquestionable Presence, etc... really, it's a phenominal achievement.

Oh yeah, I like it a lot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

You can listen to it here. I am actually more impressed with it now than I was a few weeks ago, which was a lot. Holy crap this is one of the best albums ever. Everything about it is just so good it's hard to take in. Get it. Get it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

If you think Opeth are DM...

... and?

Well, they're awful tripe so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Oh shut up and go spoil some threads on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

In your blinkered opinion. Do you mind me asking what this has contributed to the thread?

And to keep things on topic, I'm after emailing a friend who works in a record store in Paris, hopefully he can send me a copy.

"These guys distil the finest aspects of the likes of Opeth"

"These guys distil the finest aspects of the likes of Opeth"

And? Doctor J thought they sounded a bit like Opeth. He also named a load of other bands. Why not pick on Death and Atheist and Dream Theatre? Or just because there's one band mentioned you don't like then it must mean all of Doctor J's opinions are immediately null and void? Take your trollery elsewhere.

Fair enough. What's the production like then? More important than some cd sleeve one would think.

Listen to the link I put up. You can hear it for yourself. You can't see the whole booklet however, which is why I gave it some justified webspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ordering from amazon.fr later tonight or tomorrow. Sweeeet! ;)

Mine's on its way apparently. It's a race Einstuerzende!

A race to the death? :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

the link you put up with the samples doesn'y work i just get this: L'ASIN B000C5H1K0 n'existe pas dans notre catalogue. Souhaitez-vous recommencer votre recherche ?...by any chance is that french for: you won the lottery?

• Advertisement

Steoob wrote:
    the link you put up with the samples doesn'y work i just get this: L'ASIN B000C5H1K0 n'existe pas dans notre catalogue. Souhaitez-vous recommencer votre recherche ?...by any chance is that french for: you won the lottery?

Unfortunately not.

Hmmm... twas working yesterday. The link to Amazon.fr that Einsturzende put up has samples too.

Advertisement