Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbed By BT

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Jumpy wrote:
    Have you tried calling them?

ROFLMAO .

There is very strong evidence that BT have missold their 'all in for €40 a month' bundle

BT cannot start a customer on both Line Rental and BB at the same time. While you are an eircom line rental customer they must enable BB, once the BB is on they can then transfer you to the wholesale line rental and you then pay BT for line rental , calls and BB.

BT should be charging the €40 a month from day one if their advertising is to be believed, not from when the WLR transfer is complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Jumpy wrote:
    Have you tried calling them?
    That would be the logical first step alright.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I would of been calling them long before posting on here about it. Did you call their billign department? If so what did they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

He posted this yesterday and there billing dept is not open sundays, I am hopeing when he rings them he posts the results of the call later 2day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

just got a bill for 170 euros after cancelling a while ago,charging me in advance even though i got BT cut off??????? When o when will this saga end????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

rang them taday...

and i was told that they charged me for 2 lines.....????
    and 4 months payments.

never got a bill in post in advance of them taking money.
    and why would anyone have bb twice at one address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

rang them taday...

and 4 months payments.

What are they doing to sort it out?

good question..

main manager on holidays and no other managment around
    i was told.
    so they have put a note on my account for manger to call me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i think you should ring back . asking to speak to a team leader or somone that can sort it out for you on how exactly you were charged for two lines. they always have somone incharge of the call center on at all times for situations like yours

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

rang them taday...

and 4 months payments.

Did you demand an immediate refund? You should never 'hang up' without having agreed an arrangement with them. A note on your account to have a manager ring you does not sound promising to say the least!

I wonder is there any company anywhere whoe billing department has been allowed to be so consistently incompetent for so long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You download a lot mate. :) Here's mine:

First Login Sat Sep 18 15:13:21 2004
    Last Login Sun Dec 18 12:40:22 2005
    Last Login Duration 1440 minutes
    Logins 601
    Offpeak Traffic 442367 minutes
    Peak Traffic 184574 minutes
    Data uploaded 18.14 GB [19480227620 bytes]
    Data downloaded 63.37 GB [68047248909 bytes]

Maybe I just download fewer than most. I didn't know I had finished my 12 month contract either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

good question..

main manager on holidays and no other managment around
    i was told.
    so they have put a note on my account for manger to call me..
    i had a bt account and canceled it recently (to sign up with ntl). the connection was good, but customer service was nothing short of PATHETIC. 3 or 4 months ago i wrote a letter directly to the head of customer service and told him exactly how bad it was. i got no response so i called, and of course he was unavailable, but they told me they would pass on the message and would call me back. of course he didnt, and i dont think he's going to now! so i wouldnt wait around too long for that call cliff, unfortunatly you'll just have to keep hassling them.

well 4 days on and still no result..
    no call from managment.
    no refund.

and to add to it ive been billed for line
    rental up ontil feb 06...from eircom..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Uh oh... if they're charging for over caps now... uh... ****.
    Is there any way of hiding it? :p

Where do you get that info? BT bills?
    Must find out where my mam keeps those. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

kin9pin wrote:
    Lucky you got that discount or it could have worked out expensive.
    lmao :D

bump!

Where do you get this First Login/Last Login and Data downloaded/Data Uploaded details guys?

I thought it might be on the online Account details, but I can't find it! :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Ok... but what's the username and password?

I also tried my new Esat account login, but she didn't work. :(

BopNiblets wrote:
    Ok... but what's the username and password?

I also tried my new Esat account login, but she didn't work. :(
    It's the username/password that you entered into the modem to login to BB.
    The username is the part before the "@iolbb" or "@btbb".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Im just after goin to eircom after being with BT for 18 months. They are the worst company i have ever dealt with. So many problems, I just got sick of them. Then u cant even get thru to them on the phone. Being stuck on hold for 2 hours is not fun. Im so ****in glad they are gone. They even blocked eircom from gettin my port for 2 weeks. Idiots is all ill say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I signed up with BT a few months back too. Took them a hile to figure out how to setup my account. First they lost my details, then they said they had to delete my account from when I had a free trial to create a new billed one.

Took alot of phone calls and name quoting but they eventually just reactivated my old account (same username and pass as with free trial)

The first bills are a bit confussing first as mentioned they do charge a couple of months in advance plus you seem to have been charged for an initail 3 months I would have thought they would bill you for the one month and teh advance rather than 3 months and the advance.

Also I think you will get more discount with the next bill as they cannot bill/discount your line rental until eircom release your line (or so I'm told) You will also eventually get a refund for the excess line rental for Eircom ( please allow a couple of months hounding for this also)

I'm waiting on my first standard bill from Esat as all these little complications have not been resolved quite yet bill number 3 is due in January.

Make sure to get the name of any person you talk to and where possible always ask for the same people, or a few people as possible.

Good luck. By any chance cap wise did you suddenly start downloading in one particular month of have you built up that download amount evenly across the 3 months as i don't think the caps accumulate?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Kazujo wrote:
    I signed up with BT a few months back too. Took them a hile to figure out how to setup my account. First they lost my details, then they said they had to delete my account from when I had a free trial to create a new billed one.

Took alot of phone calls and name quoting but they eventually just reactivated my old account (same username and pass as with free trial)

The first bills are a bit confussing first as mentioned they do charge a couple of months in advance plus you seem to have been charged for an initail 3 months I would have thought they would bill you for the one month and teh advance rather than 3 months and the advance.

Also I think you will get more discount with the next bill as they cannot bill/discount your line rental until eircom release your line (or so I'm told) You will also eventually get a refund for the excess line rental for Eircom ( please allow a couple of months hounding for this also)

I'm waiting on my first standard bill from Esat as all these little complications have not been resolved quite yet bill number 3 is due in January.

Make sure to get the name of any person you talk to and where possible always ask for the same people, or a few people as possible.

Good luck. By any chance cap wise did you suddenly start downloading in one particular month of have you built up that download amount evenly across the 3 months as i don't think the caps accumulate?

All these little complications? You are either a happy masochist:) or have extraordinary patience! if you can describe your experience in this way.

It is appalling that one of the major companies in the bb area can continue to behave in this way:eek: How often have we heard of lost details etc etc And now they need time to figure out how to create an account..............the mind would boggle if it was not already boggled out by bt:rolleyes:

kaizersoze wrote:
    It's the username/password that you entered into the modem to login to BB.
    The username is the part before the "@iolbb" or "@btbb".
    Cheers for that! :)

I was trying my username with the @iolbb bit on the end for ages wondering why it wasn't working, then I read your post again, heheh! *slaps forehead*

216.46GBs total since August 04.
    Sweeet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

If you pay BT by direct debit, there is a much easier route to get your money back than going the leagal route.

As well as informing them of the overcharge all you have to do, to get your money back all is tell your bank that they charged you the incorrect amount and you want it refunded, the bank will give your money back straight away and go looking for it from BT.

If you look at any direct debit agrements, you will see the above procedure for getting a refund in the case of an error........

You can also do similar things in the event of an incorrect payment on credit cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Anyone ever been kicked from IOLBB, I went 15GB over my limit for this month and I've never gone over before and I don't know what to do. When would I find out? Should I ring and ask? I'm sure I will be charged for this. Ouch its going to hurt....

dabhoys wrote:
    Anyone ever been kicked from IOLBB, I went 15GB over my limit for this month and I've never gone over before and I don't know what to do. When would I find out? Should I ring and ask? I'm sure I will be charged for this. Ouch its going to hurt....
    Don't worry about it. You won't be charged or kicked off. If they do charge you, you'll be the first that I've heard off.
    Don't ring them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Cool. I normally don't but kinda forgot to check it this month and got a bit out of hand :p

Cheers thank....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

a couple of things i have noticed about BT
    1. no billing at all, i have never got a single invoice from them.
    All bills seam to be online now.
    2. they only ever contact you after you dont pay your bills for months.

the service itself is fine, never any problems with it. its just the billing is a mess.

Advertisement