Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this too expensive? Tis a Hdi 306 Hatch

Options
  • 17-12-2005 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=326585

Hope that link works. Im half thinking of buying 1 of these. It seems very dear for a `01 though with that mileage. It was reduced from E9,750 down to E9,250. Ive being tracking it for a bit now. :D Its not selling too fast, too expensive or is there another reason?

Heres another one from another dealers too:
    Location: Arch Motors Ltd. Seamus Quirke Road, Westside, Galway
    306 D Turbo Variant: D Turbo Engine: 2 Diesel Price: €10,500 Year: 2000 Colour: Silver Mileage: 73,000 miles / 117,482 kilometers Doors: 3

Is it me or are they very expensive? WOuld it be cheaper to buy 1 from the north and pay vrt i wonder, as theres thousands of them up the north.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nuttzy wrote:
    Is it me or are they very expensive?

No it's not you. Those prices are silly. How about (from buy and sell):

Peugeot 306 HDi '01. Ulster Monaghan €6800.00
    4 dr, silver, dsl, 68k mls, � leather interior, alloys, NCT '07, €6800 ovno. 086-6054806

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Yeah i was looking in the B+Sell too, looking everywhere really. I want the 3dr model. They`re all up on the high miles though. I know being a diesel they wernt bought for the kid run type thing, but even 60000milers are hard to get in that model it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The're kinda of a GTI alternative, especially down the country. Insurance tends to be loaded on them aswell. Nice car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

there a lovely car
    insurance for me is the same on one of them as on a 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

be sure you're comparing the same thing alright. the D-turbo has a lot of the gti-6 hardware underneath, but with a diesel engine, it is a different car to the five door hdi hatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

No it's not you, it's greedy Ireland. A lot of car dealers in this country are in the habit of taking in 2nd hand cars on the cheap, giving them a valet and then flogging them off to unsuspecting victims at a few grand profit. Just say no.

For a car more than a couple of years old, You'll get a much better deal buying privately.

Advertisement