Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Sao Paolo??

• 17-12-2005 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Just wanna find out does anyone know where I can catch this on tv tommorro morning.

Cheers

WDK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

its on the Beeb (BBC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

And setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ten o clock coverage starts on BBC. Kickoff is 10:20 again I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Nice one guys thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Looking forward to this. Liverpool should win. The thing that really interests me though, is what forward combination Rafa will pick. Cisse & Crouch were very effective last game...will he pick Morientes ahead of Cisse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I imagine he'll start the same 11 bar Josemi, with Finnan back in.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I imagine he'll start the same 11 bar Josemi, with Finnan back in.

Mike.

And traore ? I dunno, Morientes has been on form recently too, with 2 goals in his last premiership appearance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

What's the deal with traore anyway? I certainly hope he doesn't play tomorrow. Definately should be an interesting match anyways!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

it's gotta be a liverpool win, with finnan and kewell and morientes all in the starting lineup i hope removing josemi,traore and cisse - and obviously have risse drop back to left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Riise and Gerrard linked up very well in the last match, I thought. Did Warnock travel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

warnock was on the bench last game, i would like to see the same 11 line up again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

confirmed starting line up is:
    Reina
    Finnan Carragher Hyypia Warnock
    Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell
    Morientes Luis Garcia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Tusky wrote:
    And traore ? I dunno, Morientes has been on form recently too, with 2 goals in his last premiership appearance.
    I'd hardly consider that form...

I think he'll start with Crouch & Morientes though. Sissoko Gerrard & Alonso in Midfield with Kewell.

Back 4 of Riise, Carra Hyypia & Finnan.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I'd hardly consider that form...

I think he'll start with Crouch & Morientes though. Sissoko Gerrard & Alonso in Midfield with Kewell.

Back 4 of Riise, Carra Hyypia & Finnan.

I take it you did not read the previous post which had the confirmed starting 11.

I had the laugh at the start when they mentioned the stat about the keeper , 15 goals last season, 10 in the league and 5 in the copa de libertadores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

oh dear 1 - 0 to Sao Paulo, Mineiro scores!

Game is heating up Garcia's header bounces off the crossbar.....

Garcia missed another after a lovely pass from Alonso.

Liverpool are all over the shop.

Yep they look like they are shaken, but Sao Paulo's defense look very suspect. There are goals in this for Liverpool if they put their shooting boots on ;)

• Advertisement

Pity Garcia and Nando were'nt a bit more accurate it would be 3-1, pity about the goal. Nearly forgot what Reina had to do next after it went in! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Can really see the difference Peter Crouch makes when he's not playing. Nobody else can hold the ball up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Gerrard unlucky with 35yrd free kick, right in the top corner but keeper got fingers to it.

Liverpool have stepped it up. Sao Paolo are getting a bit dirty now...

30mins left..

Garcia gets the ball in the net but its offside.....

Garcia header dissallowed for offside. Right decision. Morientes tries a bicycle kick! Not far wide either.

Cmon rafa, dont leave it till 80 minute before crouch and cisse come on...

Another dissallowed goal...load of rubbish.

Jaysus is that commentator sleeping with Kewell, everytime he is on the ball yer man says he has had a decent game.

FFS we heard you the first time!!

14 corners, and crouch is still on the bench.
    F**k that, pongolle is coming on, just the height we need.

Another disallowed goal. Should of stood.

• Advertisement

Well I don't think its Liverpools day, that was a good goal disallowed for offside. Very bad decision.

Three goals ruled offside, havin' a larf.

I demand that lineman's bank accounts be monitored for any sudden influx of Brazilian currency.

You can tell it did'nt matter! Liverpool easily the better team overall but once San Paulo got ahead they were happy to do little else.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

how the hell did they lose that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was just thinking this is the opposite of how liverpool normally play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

what the hell did liverpool have to do to score, their goalie was inspired.17 corners to nil tells its own stories.

3 disallowed goals. Gracia was level with the last man for the goal.

Back to the premiership against newcastle now.

Anyone think harry kewell played really well today.

• Advertisement

That last disallowed goal was onside!!! It wasnt even all that close! :eek:

One good goal ruled out for offside, there was no way FloPo's goal was illegitmate. 3 mins added time too, that keeper was lying down for that long on his own and with 30 sec per sub should have been closer to 6.

Oh well, just highlights why we need an out and out finisher. All bar two of the chances, knocking on 20 corners, plenty of shots on target and a great save from both Garcias and Gerrard shots and unlucky with the header onto the crossbar.

Oh well, there's always next year.

re Kewell I think he may just have bought himself a ticket to the left berth for rest of the season. I dunno what more Luis Garcia could have done.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    re Kewell I think he may just have bought himself a ticket to the left berth for rest of the season. I dunno what more Luis Garcia could have done.

Mike.

Yeah, I was very impressed with Kewell, looked sharp, determined and dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Cincinho made Kewell look good , so don't be getting your hopes up just yet .
    We'll just have to wait and see how he handles in the Premiership .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

why did he keep Risse and Crouch off for so long??

They both had a decent impact on attacking.

With so many corners aswel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Tusky wrote:
    Yeah, I was very impressed with Kewell, looked sharp, determined and dangerous.

yea he was sayin that this is his frist bit of football he's played for liverpool pain-free! looked very dangerous today, his crosses were varied too... chipping one time, cutting back the next looked much better than anything we've had out on the left before (except riise!).

benitez just doesnt like cisse either, you could see they couldnt handle men running at them and no better man than cisse to do just that. why bring on pongolle too??? some questionable subs by benitez overall...

i hope this game doesnt affect our domestic form to be honest, runs are great but when they stop they usually result with a run of losses, lets hope we can avoid it!

mike65 wrote:
    Personally i would rather riise on the left, but riise must start every game he is fit. When he came on we were much better. I wouldnt mind pongolle/garcia on the right with gerrard in the centre against newcastle, crouchy and cisse upfront. Crouchy and cisse also need to start alot of games, watching morientes get pushed off the ball with ease, taking years to shoot/get the ball, it was just screaming out for cisses pace. One thing with cisse, if hes going to mess up a chance, hes going to atleast shoot.

Heres the offside for Pongos goal, its very tight but...

Mike.

Well of course Pongolle looked offside to him, he's looking at it from the wrong angle. Shouldn't the linesman be in-line with the last defender?

It wasn't pongolle he called it off for I think, was Garcia. Anybody who thinks that was clearly offside is not aware of the laws of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

PiE wrote:
    Well of course Pongolle looked offside to him, he's looking at it from the wrong angle. Shouldn't the linesman be in-line with the last defender?

exactly why he put the flag up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah well, was really impressed with Liverpool in the second half played really well but they could be there till next week and not score was one of those games. Hopefully they can keep on playing as well in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Big Ears wrote:
    Cincinho made Kewell look good , so don't be getting your hopes up just yet .
    We'll just have to wait and see how he handles in the Premiership .
    Yeah, Cicinho is in the Roberto Carlos mould - defending just isn't his thing, which sort of helped Kewell out.

Still, lots of tasty crosses from Kewell with a good variety of them too, whipping them in and pulling them back. We need more of this and hopefully theres lots more to come from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

good game for liverpool, and good practice at that, lets hope thats the last we'll see of the 1000 attempts at goal.:rolleyes:

Its not bad being the second best on that performance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement