Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shayne

• 17-12-2005 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

deserved winner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

That was quick!!And not much of a post but the other guy was better anyway. Shayne will fall of the radar like so many reality tv pop acts and the other guy will probably get a career out of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

But god is he HOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

He'll be Christmas number 1 and will then be forgotten about. It seems that the runner up always does better in these types of shows eg. G4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Andy is far more talented than Shayne. Shayne ending up winning because of the age difference which gave him the impressionable teenage girl vote who'd think nothing of texting a vote for him four or five times because he's *hot*, I think he's really effeminate and it wouldn't surprise me if he was gay, then again, that's what women are *into* these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Andy would have been another Michelle Mc Manus. Lots of votes but a sh1t career. Shayne is a real star and I think he will be at least as successfull as Will/ Gareth etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Will Young is still going strong after 3 years now so the line that the winners of this sort of contest fade into obscurity doesn't always hold true.Good luck to him anyway, he has a great voice and who cares if there's a long term career in it. Wouldn't it be a lovely feeling for any young bloke of 21 to be in his position now, a week from Christmas with a whole new life opening up for him and his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

More people watched Strictly Come Dancing than the X-Factor last, yet more than double the amount of people voted on the X-factor than did for SCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

he deserved to win.. as soon as the show was over i went on the net and guess what... the song was alredy on the net...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

yeah he is a very good singer but i have a feeling he wont be seeing him for long, but he is a HOTTIE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Laguna wrote:
    Andy is far more talented than Shayne. Shayne ending up winning because of the age difference which gave him the impressionable teenage girl vote who'd think nothing of texting a vote for him four or five times because he's *hot*, I think he's really effeminate and it wouldn't surprise me if he was gay, then again, that's what women are *into* these days.
    Saw it last night, agree with the post above. Not the best one there, at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Andy should have won I thought, I thought he was alot better, but still like Shayne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Theres only one David Sneddon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

David who?? lol I thought both were deserving! Thank god Journey South came 3rd they should of gone home last week! I wanted Brenda to win!! Oh wel!

Advertisement