Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem/router clasn

Options
  • 18-12-2005 12:13am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a netgear wireless router (wg614 v6) and have used it without issue in England on a telewest connection.
    Now, I'm trying to use it here on a BT connection, with a zyxel prestige 600 modem but I just can't get it set up.
    I reset the modem because the connection was different, obviously, I haven't gotten my install CD but the router IP is 192.168.1.1, and when I can connect to it I get the set up menu, no problem.
    The only thing is I can't seem to connect to it when I set the whole thing up (modem-router-pc), I think it's something to do with the fact that both the router and the modem run on the same IP. I'm not sure though. The connection works fine on its own (as I'm proving now), and the router will bring me to the set up screen when the internet isn't connected to it, but I need the connection to make the set up.. so what can I do, do I need to change the IP address of one, and if so to what?

Thanks for your help,
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Try setting the IP of the router to, as you suggest, something on a different subnet. For example, 192.168.2.1.

Advertisement