Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting a blade to your own hair....

• 18-12-2005 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

hi i go 2 barbers for like 2 blade on sides and back of head, but blended nicely. but this is not very worth the money which is like €10 or something if u get ur hair cut regularly. so apart from letting it grow(not funny response) how i can do it myself but not mess it up and look gay or stupid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Buy a razor and do what the barber does, easy peasy.. just make sure you get two biggish mirrors to scope out the back of your head too. Place a mirror on the bath leaning up against the wall, lean over the bath, cut there, easy to clean up, also, once you're finished, get the hoover and hoover your hair, if you don't do this, you'll be getting bits of hair on your hands when you shampoo/gel for the next 4/5 days, if you hoover you don't even get any right after you wash your hair after cutting/hoovering:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Use a razor, me and me brother shave our own heads, ya might miss abit the first time but after that your flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xxxxx

cormie wrote:
    Buy a razor and do what the barber does, easy peasy.. just make sure you get two biggish mirrors to scope out the back of your head too. Place a mirror on the bath leaning up against the wall, lean over the bath, cut there, easy to clean up, also, once you're finished, get the hoover and hoover your hair, if you don't do this, you'll be getting bits of hair on your hands when you shampoo/gel for the next 4/5 days, if you hoover you don't even get any right after you wash your hair after cutting/hoovering:D
    ok but how do i blend the edge in properly(where the sides meet the top), that is, i dont want the sides or back to go right up to the top and then suddenly change to my non-bladed hair. do you use a higher blade or something? how you do this?

ok i didnt get the mirror part but thats coz my toilet is probably a lot diffeerent than yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I don't do a close shave. I'd take a final trip to the barber and watch how they do it, even ask. I was saying, put the mirror on the other side of the bath (not the side you get into it from) and kneel down over the bath, across from the mirror and just work at it from this position, all hair falls into bath:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

xxxxx wrote:
    ok but how do i blend the edge in properly(where the sides meet the top), that is, i dont want the sides or back to go right up to the top and then suddenly change to my non-bladed hair. do you use a higher blade or something? how you do this?

I used to get my sister to cut my hair, before I started growing it, the way she did t was to get a comb, run it under the edge of the bladed and non-bladed hair, then use the razor over that. That's the way the barber I wen to also did it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I used to do this back in the day. I'd give myself a 2 on the sides straight up and run over it with a 4 on top. All you need to do is stop where you want the shorter hair to end. You can then run over the blend with a blade 3 if you really want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Get a friend to do it for you. And then you do theirs.

Advertisement