Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronica/Trancy sort of instrumental what I made

• 18-12-2005 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone willing to spend 4.5 mb and 4 mins listening to a track I've done called "When the Machines Start to Dance"?

visit this page and download

Its proberly a work in progress (needs some more bottom end) all feedback welcomed :)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

As a synthscapey thing sounds quite cool - Pink Floyd and Orbital making a track for the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack is about as close a comparison as I could get. What did you use making it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I used a rather nifty softsynth/SF2 (soundfont) player called M42 Nebula

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

i think it's brilliant, quite ambient

Cheers, Ambient/aural soundscapes is my main area of creativity.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

well, i listen to a hell of a lot of ambient and electronica, that sort of style would definitely be my favourite type, and you've done a savage job there. i find it hard to find really good stuff, so it's nice to listen to something that good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

it's got a real space oddesy kind of feel to it. It's a bit short thou, i was expecting it to go on for a few more minutes at least, i know you said its a work in progress.....sound's cool

nice tune man, very nice

Bump for latecomers and laggards!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ezdmanx

Just browsing net and listened to it, class stuff!
    Dont know if it was an influence but sounds an awful lot like the Michael Brooke tune "Ultramarine".

Thanks! I've never heard of Brooks until you mentioned him. And thanks for making your first ever post at boards.ie in appriciation of my music! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement