Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericsson w800i

• 18-12-2005 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

anyone got one of these. i have just bought one and am having a tough time loading the music.

Just curious as to what ppl think of this, have to say i am in love iwth it, good phone, looks good and most of all good with a blue tooth.

Let me know what you are thinking and experiencing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Not got one, was considering it...2gb memory cards are too expensive to make this the type of device I want (phone, reliable camera and portable mp3 player in one small unit). Nice though.

What's the problem with loading music? As far as I was aware it's just a drag and drop affair over USB, no? Or did they make it a sh*tty system where you have to rip the music directly to the memory stick from CD via some sort of s/w?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I have the K750i with a 2GB memory card and the only problem loading music I have is that the cable is USB 1.1 speed and not 2.0!
    As far as I know the W800 is basically the smae phone as mine and all you need do is connect it to your PC via the cable and let Windows connect to hte internet and download the drivers it needs (mine got 3 or 4 other drivers before it got to the USB storage one I needed for file transfer)

Any XP machine has Mass USB storage drivers by default....that's assuming the OP has XP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I put the memory stick into my card reader and copied over the mp3 files via the reliable medium of drag & drop. Seemed to work grand. Well, it worked up until last night when the card stopped working... Apparently thats a huge problem with new w800i's. I've had mine a week, some are getting mere hours of usage before their memory stick goes tits up. Just something to be aware of - at some stage you'll probably need to get yourself back into the shop and argue for a replacement card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

My P.c has a intergrated media reader so it copies files onto the Ms duo fairly fast.I never had problems via the media reader but I found using the cable very slow.Its a great phone but have lost the rubber earplugs that attach to the headphones.So I have to use normal headphones but I really prefer the Se one's that come with it.I have emailed Se but they told me they dont provide replacements:mad: .
    Its handy also where the usb cable doubles up as a charger,its handy when you cant find the ac charger:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Can't say I've had trouble loading music, just attach by USB and the PC detects it as a removeable drive, then drag and drop mp3s into the mp3 folder.

The phone in general is fantastic, brilliant functionality and great design, unfortunately it's plagued by crashes that force me to turn it off and on again. It was happening daily, which I blamed on the old firmware, I finally upgraded firmware to the latest last week and it's been crashing less often, but its still happening. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Have you got the Vodafone branded version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

no just converted to O2. I will try and see what i can do with it.

Is it me or does it take ages to upload a tune onto it.

anymore help or feedback appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ShinyDiscoBall

I have this phone a couple of weeks now and i have to say it hasnt crashed once on me!!!
    Downloading the music through click nd drag is fast on mine too!
    Only one problem is that as i scroll down through the songs it sometimes pauses on one for a couple of seconds.
    All in all class phone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ShinyDiscoBall

Barrie wrote:
    Its a great phone but have lost the rubber earplugs that attach to the headphones.So I have to use normal headphones but I really prefer the Se one's that come with it.I have emailed Se but they told me they dont provide replacements:mad: .

You can get the earphones on ebay and they aint to pricey too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's a known issue with transferring files to the memory card via the cable with the w800i. Check the Sony Ericsson site for updates.

Barrie wrote:
    My P.c has a intergrated media reader so it copies files onto the Ms duo fairly fast.I never had problems via the media reader but I found using the cable very slow.Its a great phone but have lost the rubber earplugs that attach to the headphones.So I have to use normal headphones but I really prefer the Se one's that come with it.I have emailed Se but they told me they dont provide replacements:mad: .
    Its handy also where the usb cable doubles up as a charger,its handy when you cant find the ac charger:D

Those silicone earcaps aren't made by SE or Sony....some other company who's name escapes me right now make them, and I recall someone on here saying that they got spares from them in the correct size when they bought their fontopia ex71s....I've searched for the thread but haven't turned anything up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got a W800i. Apparently the memory stick issue is still there, even with the new firmware. Which is beyond a joke to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Did you guys all get a charger with your phone?

I just got my phone yesterday and there was no charger in the box! It had the USB one but none for the wall socket.

As it turns out three friends from college got the same phone. Two of us got chargers, two didn't. I'm wondering if there was a bad batch or something.

We got them sim free from carphone warehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

My headphone connector is broken, I only get one stereo channel onless I push the wire ac ertain way. One of the ears went on the headphones too. And the down button on the joystick isn't as responsive as it was. It crashes a fair bit too. I'll bring it in for repair soon but it's a great phone anyway!

I got a (probably fake) 2gb card off ebay for €145 and a flash for it too.

Advertisement