Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for Artist

Options
  • 18-12-2005 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, anyone out there can help me find the artist who performed the song "somewhere over the rainbow" which was used on a recent advertisement for "Lost" on RTE Two.

thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't think that was used for 'Lost' - think it was used for the CineClub (or foreign cinema) slot on Network 2.

Actually heard the artist before.. Hawaiian if i remember correctly!

EDIT: Actually.. i remembered someone in my class having it and remembering the CD Cover distinctly...!

It's Israel Kamakawiwo'ole from the album "Facing Future" - listen to an audio sample of said track here... am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

eva cassidy probably, it always is

parasite wrote:
    eva cassidy probably, it always is
    Nope.. not this time... pretty sure it's the one above!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

basquile you sir are a ****ing star

thats the one. much appreciated.

basquile you sir are a ****ing star

thats the one. much appreciated.
    No problem-o, mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Isreal was an absolutely HUGE man from Hawaii who died in 1997 but had a voice that could melt butter. I think he shot to mainstream fame when he did a medley of "Over the rainbow/What a wonderful world" at the end of the movie "Finding Forrester".

Honestly, google for a picture then listen to his music. The face and voice just don't match!

Advertisement