Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

After a recent ongoing spat with my noisy tit bag neighbours the best advice I can give is get yourself some kind of cheap digital camera, beg borrow or steal. Basically something that will take video:

1. When the noise/parties happen. Turn on the TV, put on Ceefax or Aertel, start recording and you have a date/time stamp of when the problem occurred.

2. Get yourself a few nights of this.

3. Advise noisy neighbour of what you have done and if necessary you can show them. If problem doesn't stop then advise you'll be passing the evidence onto the Landlord/Prop management company.

4. If problem persists then contact Threshold here -> http://www.threshold.ie/. Actually very helpful guys and gals.

5. Ask them for advice first of all and then ask for documentation on headed paper that details the steps you can take and the offences the person is creating. By the way it is a civil matter unless other people complain but you can still take someone to the district court and slap them with a €2500 fine or 6mths in prison. Trust me it's not as complicated or expensive as one might think.

6. Stick the documenataion under the persons door or in their letter box indicating what your rights are.

7. If the ****bags still haven't coped onto what they face if they keep it up, Then contact your landlord/Property mgmt and provide them with the video, a log of the time, and the documents from Threshold as they will also be liable as it's their property.

People hate it when you have actual prooof. They tend to **** themselves and wise up. However if it still doesn't work I'd contact you Neighbourhood Policie unit (yes the Gardai actually have one). Ususally just call your local gardai station and ask for the above. Sometimes they can be quite helpful and will come around. Also as someone else said I'd call the local gardai station everytime and at least log the problem with them and ask for copies of the night logbook.

If however none of the above works I find shutting off their power at the juntion box, disconnecting their phone and NTL also helps me feel better after a long night, hahaha. Seriously though jsut take the F&*kers to court or at least make the threat. I am now in my 3rd month of disturbacne free sleeping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Good advise. It took me six month to get rid of scumbag neighbours (washing machine and dryer on from 2am till 5am, loud music during the night, shouting outside and inside the building, "playing drums" on the staircase handrails when they come home in the middle of the night or morning...). Actually, it took me two months because I was Mr. Niceguy the first two and tried to reason with them which didn't work out. After a dozend phone calls/emails to my landlord/management agency their landlord finally gave them two weeks notice. Now I am in heaven again :)

Advertisement