Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Marches!

Options
  • 18-12-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Ha, I made a funny.

In all seriousness, those responsible and level headed bastards have pushed Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion all the way back to the end of March. Sob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Any websites to show for it? It is a sad day...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Have faith! Be glad this isn't being rushed for a Christmas cash-in release! Bethesda obviously want to release this 100% complete. It shows they have respect for gamers, unlike some big name developers who will release games practically unplayable out of the box.

Anyway, interestingly in a recent interview a dev said "the Xbox 360 version should look identical to a PC running with the highest settings". This tempts me to the ways of Micro$oft for my Oblivion kicks...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still no reason for me to think about getting an Xbox 360 so. Oblivion is the only game that's been unveiled for the console that has me interested enough to buy a console for it.

Have faith! Be glad this isn't being rushed for a Christmas cash-in release! Bethesda obviously want to release this 100% complete. It shows they have respect for gamers, unlike some big name developers who will release games practically unplayable out of the box.

Anyway, interestingly in a recent interview a dev said "the Xbox 360 version should look identical to a PC running with the highest settings". This tempts me to the ways of Micro$oft for my Oblivion kicks...

I did call them responsible and level headed in my initial post you know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

there is one reason why oblivion will be far better on the pc, compared to the xbox360....mods. there is already a huge modding community gearing up to tear the game to pieces, and if some of the morrowind modders are doing this, we should see some pretty damn good mods coming out.

Every time I think about this game I get so excited and then really annoyed.

I'm not a patient person.

God, imagine what the modding community could do with Radiant AI...or that forest growing algorithm...

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Zillah wrote:
    I did call them responsible and level headed in my initial post you know.

Jesus, relax, I wasn't addressing you directly.

Anyway devs have mentioned downloadable content for Oblivion through XBox Live, and I'm hoping that eventually 3rd party and fan mods will be available too, in which case I'll be going for the XBox version. Sure, I'd much prefer a nice PC to play the PC version on, but I don't have a good enough one nor will I in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I want to get an 360 and Oblivion simply for comfort. My PC chair isn't the most comfy thing in the world whereas with a console I can sprawl on my bed while playing. And with a game like Oblivion I'm gonna need to be comfortable cos theres gonna be hours put into it.

Oh plus my PC sucks balls.

Advertisement