Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

memory card, nokia 6230i

• 18-12-2005 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

What type of memory card is it in this?

Where can I found the cheapest one, seeing that o2 Shop online is €100+ for half gig?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It takes a regular MMC card. You can get them for extremely cheap if you browse the net, don't buy them in any stores here, way overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

As Mobile Infantry says, you dont need a reduced size memory card for the 6230i. It will work fine with full size MMC cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well it's supposed to use full sized MMCs isn't it?

Yes, but for some strange reason, a lot of people seem to think the 6230i has to have reduced size MMC cards.

It can USE reduced size alright when used with an adapter which is handy if you have another Nokia which has to be reduced size, such as a 7610 etc. But doesn't NEED them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

My 6230i will not accept normal SD cards....it will only accept skinny little ones...not sure if that's a RS-MMC card

• Advertisement

512 RS-MMC cards here delivered n all for €37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

An MMC is a 'skinny SD' card. It's the same shape though. An RS-MMS is less than half the size of an MMC and thinner again.

Exactly! And I think this is how the confusion comes about, as people think they need a "reduced size" card

Ah its all making sense to me now.....so a regular MMC card will do the job....as will a RS-MMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Have you not rad up there? Only a regular mmc card will work ive tried both.

• Advertisement

An RS-MMC card will work in it also liamskater. You just use it with the adapter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I'll get a photo of the $$$$$$ adaptor and post it shortly .... :p

rs_mmc_adapter_small.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Alright cool. Sold my 6230i so nouse for buying that :P ;) !

Advertisement