Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Core Vs Premiun

• 18-12-2005 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

sorry if its been covered
    is there any difference between the Core and Premium?
    I know u get all the accesories with the Premium, can you buy these all for the Core?
    since the Core has no Hard Drive, is the 20gig one bought seperatly the same as the Premium?

basically, cani get all the same features with the Core? and what about LIVE?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

the only thing you can't match up is the chrome DVD tray.

everything else you can buy, although it would cost €50-90 euro more then buying the premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

sorry if its been covered
    is there any difference between the Core and Premium?
    I know u get all the accesories with the Premium, can you buy these all for the Core?
    since the Core has no Hard Drive, is the 20gig one bought seperatly the same as the Premium?

basically, cani get all the same features with the Core? and what about LIVE?
    thanks

yup its the same once you buy all the accessories well almost the same you cant buy the premium silver dvd drive plate
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

peterk19 wrote:
    yup its the same once you buy all the accessories well almost the same you cant buy the premium silver dvd drive plate
    Pete

i won't lose sleep over that, thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I got a core, the only thing you really need is the hard drive. As for the rest, I could live without them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

ah now , u do need the chrome tray instead of some cheap plastic thing . - but if u ever got desperate you could actually switch them . i checked , and the tray is esily removed with to clips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think the chrome one looks crap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭freer

I gots a core no difference. I'd even rather the wired controller cos i cen use it on me pc. Me mate has a wireless one he's gone through lots of batteries allready and he bought the plug and play kit which he has pluged into the console nearly all the time so basically it is a wired controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Its just a chrome effect i think, never really touched it TBH.

I have 2 x wireless controllers, one play and recharge and one recharge. I get about 20-25HRS outta the batteries, so its not at all like a wired controller.

They should have went wireless years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep much can be said for making some toast and still be 'in the game' chatting away.

(Well I think so anyway)

wonder if we will see chrome DVD trays replacement covers in the shops soon?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Eire05

god's toy wrote:
    wonder if we will see chrome DVD trays replacement covers in the shops soon?.
    If so, it would be nice to see replacement covers to come with faceplates so they'd go with the overall theme. It would fit in nicely IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Giblet wrote:
    I think the chrome one looks crap ;)

Yeah, I actually think the plain white one looks much nicer, fits in better with the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

The core system could be a good option if a bigger hard drive is brought out in the new year....which is likely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, I wonder if they'll up the HDD size in future with the Premium, maybe not soon, but I can see it happening in 2 years time.
    I can also see many 'HDD needed' games coming around by then too (given that there already is one on the way... FFXII... or whatever one it is).

I don't see myself using a 20gig HD too quickly though, I mean I might get some trailers and demos, but they tend to get deleted after a while anyway, it's only game saves and my xbox live stuff that I'd be wanting to keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Well if there was a chip out and a 360 version of XBMC plus you could still use xbox live, then that 20gig would be full soon enough.....................well i wish!

I read somewhere before that someone at micorsoft was giving a demonstration of the 360 and it had over 30gigs free space left, but that was probably a devkit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i dont really see the need for 20+ gig HDD not when you are only using them for saving games anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Save games, demos, trailers, stuff you get through the marketplace and arcade, really.

That won't fill up 20GB for me anytime soon, but I don't store any music on the drive at all (portable player does that fine, and interfaces nicely with the XB if I want it to).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I read somewhere before that someone at micorsoft was giving a demonstration of the 360 and it had over 30gigs free space left, but that was probably a devkit.

30 gigs where? Was it a bigger hard drive or something?

Advertisement