Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Link/url downloader program?

• 18-12-2005 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a program whereby if I type in the url of a particular webage into a prompt the program will then download any linked webpages/files on that exist on that particular webpage url I typed in?

eg if the url www.pigmanii.com

has links to

pigman1.txt
    pigman2.txt
    pigman3.txt
    pigman4.txt
    pigman5.txt

the prog will understand this and d/l these 5 files to my harddrive just from me typing www.pigmanii.com into the prompt.

===

Alternatively perhaps there is a prog that will compile a list of all links that webpage has and then I can pick and choose which I want to download?

Any suggestions gratefully recieved and thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Getright will do this http://www.getright.com/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yeah, GetRight should do this but I have never used it, just heard of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I use it all the time and it works great. One of these days i might even buy it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thanks for that. I've installed it and tried it only briefly but it certainly looks like it will do the trick.

Advertisement