Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iaudio x5l,few questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

The timer stayed on the screen for the night,i brought it back and got a replacement. The problem happened to the replacement just a few minutes ago,i'm well annoyed at it happening i'll go up and see if i can sort out a refund. I really wanted an iaudio but ugh it happening a third time no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

aaf wrote:
    The L is for longer life battery. The X5 battery life is about 14 or 15 hrs whilst the X5L's battery life is about 35 or 36 hrs. Well worth getting the X5L if you can. That's the only difference as far as I know.

As you say, the X5L has twice the battery life, but it's a lot thicker, even than is suggested in the specs, the maximum thickness is increased by 4mm (which is an extra third thicker than the normal x5) but this runs right the way to the bottom of the unit in the X5L, instead of it simply being thicker at the screen part like the X5. Obviously, this also makes it a good bit heavier too.

(Edited for spelling)

Bard wrote:
    I got the 30GB X5L and thought the earphones supplied in the box far outclassed any set I'd used before.

?!! The headphones that came with my X5L (earbuds with silver sticky-outy-things) are absolutley shocking. Fortunately, I had a set of Sennheiser MX400s sitting about to replace them with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Felixdhc,

Will do. I have to say I'm very impressed by it. I fairly notice the difference in weight between that and my old H140- but it's well worth it for all the additional features. Makes the train jouney's go a lot quicker.

In fairness folks if you are spending so much money on an MP3 player it is well worth it to go out and buy a GOOD set of earphones. The ones that come with the players are typically awful to average. By using a cheap set of earphones you are missing out on the whole point of an MP3 player. It's for listening to music so you should invest. You'll hear a WORLD of differnce. I went a bit mad about two years ago and bought a set of Sennheiser HD212 Pro's - big, but comfy and amazing sound.
    ronano wrote:
    I never meant that peats wouldn't fix/replace/refund just i've found the service by staff to be kinda dodgy.

All the staff or just some? If your not happy with the service someone gave you, you can always look to be served by somene else. I'm not flaming, just merely saying! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cormie wrote:
    I'd actually prefer if they didn't bother with including earphones, although that would be crap for some people, most people. You can't win:rolleyes:
    The player should be cheaper so people can then buy their own, seems very mixed opinions on the iaudio ones, it is not just quality people disagree on it is the style, i.e. earbuds, canals, giant earmuff ones.
    But still there is no pleasing some people, me included, I think dvd players that come with no scart are scabby, yet if I wanted to use a quality lead I would be cursing them for having to pay for something I don't want! :v:
    Same with nokia phones, I have about 8 chargers in my house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Finally got the iaudio x5. Can't use it untill sunday but I can wait till then. I already have myself some decent headphones so no worries there.

Will this thing show movies on my TV through an AV connecter?

Went up with it and they said theyd give me a refund if i bring in all the bits. I''m happy with the refund but i want an iaudio :P will you guys let me know how you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

ronano wrote:
    Went up with it and they said theyd give me a refund if i bring in all the bits. I''m happy with the refund but i want an iaudio :P will you guys let me know how you get on?
    Shame. I can see how you're too pissed off to get another one. Very unlucky to get two dodgy ones in a row.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

iAudio have a very small failure rate and it really is very unlucky to get two in a row.

I'm extremely tempted to give it one more go but i'd feel like an ass bringing back a third one :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Will this thing show movies on my TV through an AV connecter?

No. For that, you'll want a Cowon A2.

I know I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ronano wrote:
    I'm extremely tempted to give it one more go but i'd feel like an ass bringing back a third one :P

I would. I really would. Test it in the shop, if you can.

Bard wrote:
    No. For that, you'll want a Cowon A2.

I know I do!
    Balls! That'll make watching movies a bit less of an exciting feature. And yes I had a look at the A2 before I got the iaudio and it is foopin cool, but a bit out of my price range.
    I'm still happy with the iaudio though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You'll probably find you'll end up using the movie feature very little anyway, even if it was able to connect to a tv. I wouldn't worry about it:)

So did anyone get an iaudio x5(l) for christmas? if so any reports of faults,i plan on bringing mine back in the next day or two

I did. So far, it works, and I haven't recharged it yet. Firmware's crap though.

I like mine alot and there's no signs of any faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I got the x5 60GB, same size as the the x5l. I'm very happy with it, everything I expected it to be. Yeah you can hear the hard disk spin a bit and there are delays sometimes when it reads from disk but these are very minor and only to be expected.
    I got it for music but I have tried out a few comedies on it and they look pretty decent on it. I followed the method thats a sticky on iaudiophile.net for ripping and converting from DVD, it worked very well.

No - they're not to be expected. My previous MP3 player didn't suffer from this - this is the difference between good firmware and Korean firmware :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

so what was your previous player?

• Advertisement
Advertisement