Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save I-Pod Music?

Options
  • 18-12-2005 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've recently re-formatted my hard-drive so obviously had to re-install i-tunes etc.

Now I know the minute I put my pod onto the dock that all my music will be gone & only the current music on i-tunes will be transferred.

Is there anyway of making a copy of the music I have on my pod at the moment so when I update I can also re-install the 8,000 songs that I've currently got on it as I don't want the hassle of loading all those cd's again & again & again & again..............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Something do to with the "Don't sync" button, not too sure, best wait till someone else replies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

you have to uncheck the "auto update of songs" box in the itunes preferences but the only you can get inot that menu is by connecting an ipod... what i did was connect my ipod and then as soon as it started to transfer songs i cancelled the update.. then i iuse ephpod to transfer my songs back onto my pc.. i dont use that autoupdate feature cos i dont like the idea that if i delete a song on my comp due to space or whatever it also wipes it from my ipod.... dodgy imo....

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Advertisement