Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning rental Eircon DECT phone?

Options
  • 18-12-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Remember a few years back Eircon were giving us the option to "upgrade" our rental phones to a DECT cordless phone? Well I took up the offer and I now want to stop paying the rip off rental for the phone!

Has anyone tried calling up Eircon to return the phone and played on the whole "I've been renting this for 2 years @ €?.?? a month which means I've technically covered the cost of the phone, blah, blah, blah" and got to keep the phone without having to return it or pay any more rental? Or am I just chancing my arm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They usally just stop charging you the rental and allow you to keep the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Its very simple call 1901 if you're a res customer or 1800501502 if you're a Bus customer and advise them that you dont use the handset anymore and you want the billing to stop.

They will do it for you straight away with no questions asked

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

the Guru wrote:
    Its very simple call 1901 if you're a res customer or 1800501502 if you're a Bus customer and advise them that you dont use the handset anymore and you want the billing to stop.

They will do it for you straight away with no questions asked

how likely is it that they would ask for the phone back?

I do want to keep the cordless phone but considering the cost of DECT phones has dropped sharply over the last few years I would consider buying my own phone, but only as a last resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

They never ask for the phone back that is the old Aisling analogue phones ,not sure about the DECT called them and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 seanpd

Good job on getting rid of the rental phone. I can't believe how many people still rent phones when you can pick up a basic wired handset for less than EUR10 in argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I phoned Eircon the other day - was told it'd cost me €60 :eek: to buy them out for the phone! I think I'll send the phone back and take a look in Argos, unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper :rolleyes: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

muffinhead wrote:
    I phoned Eircon the other day - was told it'd cost me €60 :eek: to buy them out for the phone! I think I'll send the phone back and take a look in Argos, unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper :rolleyes: ?
    That's a first. Normally they let you keep the phone gratis.

Advertisement