Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2006 RTWC Xbox 360 Dont Buy!!

Options
  • 18-12-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok everyone I feel disgusted having bought this game in the first place right, but trust me dont buy this steaming piece of horse faeces. Right I thought I will play the RTWC and see if I can get my country there ok.

All well and good but when u have won ure qualification group stages and think ure about to play the world cup , then ure wrong its game over FFS. The game is purely playing the World Cup Qualification group stages, its absoloute joke, and from now I am never and I mean never buying another EA game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I didnt even get that far. I played 4mins (45mins in the game) and turned it off. It's complete crap. The movement of the players is so unrealistic and not fluid at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

WDK wrote:
    Ok everyone I feel disgusted having bought this game in the first place right, but trust me dont buy this steaming piece of horse faeces. Right I thought I will play the RTWC and see if I can get my country there ok.

All well and good but when u have won ure qualification group stages and think ure about to play the world cup , then ure wrong its game over FFS. The game is purely playing the World Cup Qualification group stages, its absoloute joke, and from now I am never and I mean never buying another EA game.
    Considering the average review was somehwere in the region of 2 - 3 out of 10 I'll be staying clear of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Eurogamer gave it 2/10 , if I was given an Xbox 360 and RTWC came with it I wouldn't play it .

Gamer TV gave it 3/5 which is rediculously high compared to other reviews .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

have yet to try this , downloaded the demo just to see what it is like but was never going to buy it anyway unless it turned out to be very good whic h seems not to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Big Ears wrote:
    Eurogamer gave it 2/10 , if I was given an Xbox 360 and RTWC came with it I wouldn't play it .

Gamer TV gave it 3/5 which is rediculously high compared to other reviews .

Well metacritic gave it an average of 64% out of 26 reviews so Gamer TV aren't particularly wide of the mark. In fact nobody else reviewed it anywhere near as badly as Eurogamer.

I haven't played it myself so won't comment. Not having the world cup didn't stop RTWC 98 being one of my absolute favourites in the series, I'm more concerned about actual gameplay, however not so sure this game offers much of that either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

RTWC '98 actually had the world cup after the qualifiers (well at least it did on the N64 version, not sure of the others), once you qualified all the world cup matches were played in the Paris stadium (Parc Des Princes) and there was a short scene of your team with the world cup when you won it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

steviec wrote:
    Well metacritic gave it an average of 64% out of 26 reviews so Gamer TV aren't particularly wide of the mark. In fact nobody else reviewed it anywhere near as badly as Eurogamer.
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fifasoccer06

83 from Game Informer
    Strikes a great balance between simplicity and flexibility.

20 from EuroGamer
    "To describe what EA has produced here as dreadful would be to do a terrible disservice to things that merely inspire dread".

Just shows what a nice PR freebie kit / EA junket can do to game review journos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

All is well today I returned it to Gamestop.

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

THIS screenshot alone would put me off buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

WDK wrote:
    I am never and I mean never buying another EA game.

now that's just not true. EA will soon buy up sony, microsoft, nintendo and atari (JUST in case) and control the gaming world.

also, burnout5 ;)

• Advertisement

RTWC '98 actually had the world cup after the qualifiers (well at least it did on the N64 version, not sure of the others), once you qualified all the world cup matches were played in the Paris stadium (Parc Des Princes) and there was a short scene of your team with the world cup when you won it!!

I enjoyed RTWC 98 (on the playstation) very much . I didn't have the game but got a loan of it for a week or two . Me and my brother had great fun playing indoor games in it , you won't find an indoor pitch in FIFA nowdays , unless they make a whole game about indoor :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Big Ears wrote:
    I enjoyed RTWC 98 (on the playstation) very much . I didn't have the game but got a loan of it for a week or two . Me and my brother had great fun playing indoor games in it , you won't find an indoor pitch in FIFA nowdays , unless they make a whole game about indoor :rolleyes: .

*flashback* ahh! the indoor pitches, i loved those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

There were indoor pitches? Hmmm I had that game but I have no memory of that whatsoever.

I used to love the indoor pitches in Microprose Soccer on the C64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 OptimusMime

WDK wrote:
    from now I am never and I mean never buying another EA game.

Don't say that! While I wouldn't be their biggest fan at all, You absolutely MUST buy We Love Katamari and SotC(this is being brought over by EA, right?) naext year or we will NEVER get any quircky Japanese titles again. This will be our only chance to show those over-moneyed ****s that we actually like fun games and not just racer/gangsta/sports etc... games.

DO IT!

(oh yeah and Burnout 5 will probably be brilliant because they'll probably shovel in the good copchase parts from this years NFS title, which will be good, You heard it here first LOOOL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jellycopter

Game over when you qualify, eh? Man, that's awful.

What's next? Fifa Football 2006 : Prematch warm-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

What's next? Fifa Football 2006 : Prematch warm-up?

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

i downloaded the demo on market place to humour me, and well lets say i wouldn't even bring it back to the shop if i did buy it, becuase then some other poor bakstard would be stuck with it :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SoTC is being published by Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

FIFA has always been **** in my opinion. Even in the days of the SNES you could score every time from certain positions outside the box, I'm not surprised the new one is ****, I'm actually surprised you thought it wouldn't be!.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

whiskeyman wrote:
    83 from Game Informer
    Strikes a great balance between simplicity and flexibility.

Why is it that I can't find any think about Game Informer been owned by GameStop on the mag's website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Laguna wrote:
    FIFA has always been **** in my opinion. Even in the days of the SNES you could score every time from certain positions outside the box, I'm not surprised the new one is ****, I'm actually surprised you thought it wouldn't be!.

Exactly. FIFA involves all the skill of getting the ball, holding down sprint and running the pitch until you are within shooting distance and then pulling the trigger. It really is that simple, even with defenders going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

They're probably planning on releasing a WC game next year. So maybe that's the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Brian017 wrote:
    They're probably planning on releasing a WC game next year. So maybe that's the reason?

Knowing EA, they're planning on releasing two. One where you can play through the group stages, and the other for the second round onwards, just so they can get two €69.99s out of you ;)

Lemlin wrote:
    Knowing EA, they're planning on releasing two. One where you can play through the group stages, and the other for the second round onwards, just so they can get two €69.99s out of you ;)

They might even throw out a third game..............the only difference being you can be teams that didn't qualify .

Advertisement