Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recorder for €150

Options
  • 18-12-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just after reserving this from Argos. It's going to cost €149. Basically all it's going to be used for is recording home recordings from VHS to DVD and then it will be used for recording from TV to DVD, would be good to be able to pause recording for ads etc. I don't know much about it but for what it's needed for, will it do or is there another one anyone knows of which will do a better job for the same price? Any feedback appreciated. I've read reviews of the Aldi/Lidl ones but they seem to have problems tuning in to Irish frequencies. I'm guessing ones sold by Argos wouldn't have this same problem. Do Power City or any of them offer anything for the same price which is better?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I got this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5334685/Trail/C%24cip%3D28956.Sound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24cip%3D28982.DVD%2Band%2Bvideo%3EC%24cip%3D28984.DVD%2Brecorders.htm from Argos the other week, reduced from 199 to 149 Euros. It has worked perfectly so far and might be better for your purpose as it has more connecting options (2 scarts (one in and one out) and composite in at the front. And it can be made multi-region and more, there is an excellent Liteon support board in the UK http://ccgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf/index.php.
    I couldn't tune in any TV channels but then I don't have any to tune in I suspect as all my inputs are digital (Sky and a second satellite box).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Damn. That offer ended on the 14th. I would have much preferred to get that over the Alba one:( It's gone back to €189+€5 recycling fee and the thing is, it's still £99 on the UK site which is only €145:( Anyone know where else stocks this at around €149?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I saw a Powerpoint DVD recorder in Soundstore in Cork for a little over €100. I've bought various products ffrom this brand before and have never had any problems. AFAIK they are actually Philips parts rebranded for the budget market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

If you wait till after xmas I've seen rumours Argos will put it back on the 149 for the sales ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I bought the Aldi one for €149. If there is a problem with the tuning, I'll bring it back after Christmas and maybe pick up a better one in the sales:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I bought the Targa dvr with 160 gig hd recently at lidl for €299.
    No probs tuning in. Menu is excellent and tuning a doodle.

Got all the ntl channels perfectly sharp in about 2 minutes.

Advertisement