Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best independent review site for DVD recorder with HDD ? + questions

Options
  • 18-12-2005 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

hi

I'm doing my research before buying a dvd recorder with hard disk.
    all the review sites I find via google seem to be selling and i'd be wary of the motives.

any site where I'd get an objective view ?

also.

in my criteria I'm going with
    -divx
    -range of formats (DVD+/-R etc)
    -inputs (iLink/USB/SCART etc etc.)
    -hard disk size
    -region free capibilities
    -sd card loading

anything else I need to consider ?

how about brands ?
    is named brand important ?
    sony/tosibia/philips/LG/panasonic
    any reason to limit to these ?
    any of thse not so good ?

any buying advice anywhere ?

/ds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

this http://www.homecinemachoice.com seems to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

Any conclusions from your research ?

Can anyone recommend a good quality DVD HDD recorder that pauses live tv etc and that isn't too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

from a few sources, online and in print, if i go (and i'm not 100%) i'm going with a sony. the pionner also looks good.
    i think the sony may be better for me as this is what my TV is (remote etc.)

these things are not cheap and they lack a guide (ala sky+) which makes them less usable than i'd hoped.

i was considering a KiSS as they are network aware but a friend with an older model says its pretty flaky.

/ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

mburke wrote:
    Any conclusions from your research ?

Can anyone recommend a good quality DVD HDD recorder that pauses live tv etc and that isn't too expensive.

And that does FTA satellite and can be picked up in Dublin tomorrow! (please)

• Advertisement
Advertisement