Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nizlopi - The JCB Song

• 18-12-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

hey,
    just wondering what people thought of the jcb song?
    i think it is a good song but it shouldnt be in the running for christmas num1 i was wondering what people think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not really a review now, is it?

State your opinion first please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

i first heard it and saw the video at the same time, thought it was a kids song at first(few seconds) now i like it so much im gona download it so Nozploli dont get a penny from me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think it is clas

You can listen to it on www.jcbsong.co.uk

I can't seem to find it to download...

[EDIT]Had to edit it, link didn't work [/EDIT]

Please cease discussion of downloading!

Available to stream at Nizlopi's MySpace Area also.

Well.. it's now gone to the top of the British Charts...
    "JCB Song" powers its way to top of charts

LONDON (Reuters) - Nizlopi's quirky "JCB Song" about bullying at school beat Irish boy band Westlife to the top of the music charts on Sunday, putting it in a strong position for next week's Christmas number one.

Nizlopi will face Westlife next week as well as Shayne Ward who won the TV's X-Factor competition on Saturday night in front of an audience of 9.3 million viewers.

The Westlife track "When You Tell Me That You Love Me", featuring Diana Ross, entered the charts in second place, pushing The Pussycat Dolls, the all-girl band from Los Angeles, into third position with "Stickwitu", according to the Official UK Charts company.

Madonna's "Hung Up", which has spent six weeks in the charts, dropped two places to fourth, one ahead of new entry "Jingle Bells/ U Can't Touch This" by Crazy Frog in fifth.

Girl-band Sugababes dropped three places to sixth with "Ugly" while American hip-hop act Black Eyed Peas dropped a place to seventh with "My Humps".

Robbie Williams was a new entry in eighth place with "Advertising Space", one ahead of the multi-award-winning four-piece McFly with "Ultraviolet/The Ballad of Paul K" which was also new.

Westlife made their second appearance in the top 10 with their ballad "You Raise Me Up", a former number one, rounding out the top 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

I fully expect those who dictate the charts will flock in their droves to buy it, unaware that that's what they're supposed to do.

The song itself is rubbish of course because the "singer" can't and doesn't sing. The music is 3 chords at most and the instrumentation is painfully basic.

What is likely to draw the target audience are the lyrics. They are not well written BUT paint a good picture and that's what fans of the "song" will remember... not that it's cramped, not that he drops notes and loses the melody, not that the delivery is out of sync... but the words paint a picture that is easy to imagine.

Guaranteed to find a place beside everybody's Crazy Frog singles collection.

thats a bit harsh jerry!i like the song!the way it shifts tempo towards the end is quite good too!

thats a bit harsh jerry!i like the song!the way it shifts tempo towards the end is quite good too!

Harsh but true. Deconstruct the song and let me know if any of my comments are not accurate.

If you like it, it's because you're supposed to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

jerryadams wrote:
    If you like it, it's because you're supposed to!

whats wrong with liking it though? what's worse than liking it is hating it more than some people like it :D

Nothing is "wrong" with liking it at all! Whigfield's "Saturday Night" was complete rubbish as far as a song goes, but it remains an absolute dance-floor filler. Obviously people like and dislike whatever they choose. Even I admitted to liking some nonsense songs in another recent thread! But the fact remains that when you look at it in the cold light of day, the song is nonsense. Warm-ish words, but nonsense on everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Enough! Enough! Be gone! Horrible, horrible song...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This song is a horrible horrible disgrace to music.

When I hear this song, one of the popstar crap, some stupid frog singing, i get the image of snotty nosed chavs and idiotic kids spitting in the face of musical genuis like prince,bowie,smiths,stone roses,michael jackson all these people that shaped music over the decades, many more obviously i havent mentioned.

The JCB song getting to number one is possibly the biggest sham for music. It is more disgusting than when that bloody bird and frog got near the top.

I really dont feel there is anymore real musical talent out anymore tbh, that really dominate the charts.

I always maintanted real artists and musicians where people who played instruments.....exactly what isnt happening today. Crappy talent arising getting paid loads to just talk, not even sing, songs written for them and some producer puts the music to it.

Music I'm afraid is slowly dieing and I pray some Mesiah will rise from the pit of dead music to once again bring back amazing guitar solos and drum beats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Music I'm afraid is slowly dieing and I pray some Mesiah will rise from the pit of dead music to once again bring back amazing guitar solos and drum beats.

check out my sig so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

There has never been a song in the charts which got on my nerves more htan this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

It's a load of farmers cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

It's brutal, end of story. Though i think the purpose is a novelty single rather than a serious piece of music, at least i hope that's the purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

typical one hit **** for this time of year.

horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Its alright but nothing without the video to keep you entertained. Overall its a novelty song that will be easily forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jerryadams wrote:
    The song itself is rubbish of course because the "singer" can't and doesn't sing. The music is 3 chords at most and the instrumentation is painfully basic.
    The same could also be said about Bob Dylan.

Since when did the amount of chords in a song equate to the quality of said-song? Are you some kinda repressed Yes fan by any chance?

But anything that wipes a smile off Louis Walsh's smug pie-shaped face works for me.

Although, the song is a bit 'Don't Forget Your Shovel if you Wanna Come to Work'-esque; the subtext being us Irish are only good in the UK if we're digging a hole somewhere, although the narrative imperative is about a childhood experience....

...nurse! My medication!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The same could also be said about Bob Dylan.

Since when did the amount of chords in a song equate to the quality of said-song? Are you some kinda repressed Yes fan by any chance?

Totally agree with you! Most songs can be played (all beit badly!) with 3 chords. If your gonna go down that road its fair to say that that is a good thing - considering the nature of the song. After all, it is about a 5 year old kid and his adventures with his oul man. Hence the simple lyrics and music. Its not that bad, I dont think it has the annoying factor as other songs (barbie girl, hampster song, Im blue) but then we'll prob havta agree to disagree on that.

There exists some good songs today even with 3 chords. For example Comeback Girl by Republic of Loose. Not only has that ony 3 chords, its the same sequence through the song. Not a great agrument tbh, but we're all entitled to our opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Any song with Optimus prime and nunchucks in it can't be bad.

Advertisement