Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Cappotelli Suffers An Unfortunate Setback

• 18-12-2005 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

cappotelli.jpg

Former Tough Enough champion Matt Cappotelli has suffered yet another unfortunate setback and it could possibly put an end to his wrestling career. Doctors have recently diagnosed Matt Cappotelli with a brain tumor. He is scheduled to undergo tests in Ohio to further diagnose the tumor and to plan a treatment.

This couldn't have come at a worse time as Cappotelli was on the brink of finally being called up to the main WWE roster this week to shoot some vignettes for a planned WWE debut. Cappotelli was close to being called up in the summer of 2003, but it was nixed at the last minute. He then suffered a concussion in a match against Hardcore Holly in April of 2004 at a Smackdown house show. Cappotelli also suffered a broken leg at an OVW TV taping this past August. He had been teaming up with Mike Mizanin in several dark matches and WWE house shows during that time.

source - PWInsider.com

This sucks, i really thought he would finally be called up this time! Hope it is nothing serious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

This is really unfortunate news. The fact that this happened when he was on the verge of being called up is sad, especially considering his previous setbacks.
    I hope he gets through this okay and wish the best for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Holy s**t, thats terrible! I hope they've caught it in time and hes OK. My god, such a young guy too (hes just turned 26)! It will be a real shame if this ends his career, as he clearly has a lot of talent and has been so unfortunate with injuries and still persisited. Just as he was about to live the dream and make the WWE - shocking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

John from the same season of tough enough is now living it up in MNM whereas I always thought Matt would be been pushed harder than John. Best of luck on the recovery Matt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hopefully he'll be OK. I think wrestling is of secondary importance right now for Matt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

yea i read about that...really unfortunate news for him................
    best of luck to him in his recovery though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's like the Keith O'Neill of wrestling. Poor guy. Anytime I saw him he never seemed too bad. Had a decent first match in WWE against Johnny Nitro too. Hope he makes it through this alright

Advertisement