Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A Code that gives you 1/2 price mobile calls

• 18-12-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I work for a company that's just launched a new service that lets you make 1/2 price calls to and from mobile phones by dialling a ten digit number before each call. looks too good to be true, but it works. see I'd welcome any feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

these were around before.
    budget telecom i think they were called.
    you cant use your phonebook to dial numbers so theyre no use to most people.

i wouldnt know any of my friends numbers if they werent saved in my phone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 totoole

You can use the address book if you place a 'p' symbol in the dial string. for example [number deleted]p0871234567.

Finding out how to make a 'p' appear can be a challenge on some handsets. On Sony Ericsson I know you hold down '7' for a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thats a lot of hassle to save a few cents.
    what happens when your roaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

in the interest of transparency(sp?) do you have any relationship to that company? just wanted to ask

I work with the company and I'm keen to get feedback from people on what they think of the service.

The savings can be significant, esp for prepaid users at peak times and for anyone calling internationally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

well then your blatently just advertising the site then,thats not on

It's not my intension to advertise the site, I'm actually looking for feedback. I'm not a regular user of boards, so maybe you could let me know how to rectify the post. Can i delete it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I was 1 click away from banning you, but I accept you probably were acting in good faith. The offending information has been edited however & thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement