Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Blueface service dead....

• 18-12-2005 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

I've been trying to make phone calls for the past hour but my phone is just dead. I've tested my broadband speeds and there is no problem. I've resetted the ATA, router and modem, and this still does not resolve the problem.

Does anyone subscribing to Blueface experience the same problem? I've received a call not too long ago and that was fine, but now i cannot call nor receive any calls.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

ikoonman wrote:
    I've been trying to make phone calls for the past hour but my phone is just dead.

Me too and a few others that I know use Blueface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bhickey wrote:
    Me too and a few others that I know use Blueface.

me three.

I can call blueface numbers like 3000 and 171, but all outgoing calls appear on the call histrory as unanswered.

And when i call from the mobile to the blueface number, the phone sayes "network busy"

Also, does not seem to like my voicemail password anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

ikoonman wrote:
    I've been trying to make phone calls for the past hour but my phone is just dead.

Normal service seems to have been resumed. Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bhickey wrote:
    Normal service seems to have been resumed. Phew!

same here for incoming and outgoing...

double phew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

AFAIK there are new services being launched and maybe that's what the glitches were. Unfortunately my perfect set up of using xten and cyberphonek is fouled up just when I finally get an isp with ok pings. I'm really not pleased but somehow not surprised

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

yeah i had the same problem all back working though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

we had the same problem but i don't it had anything to do with blueface.

i tried ringing all numbers, they were all dead like.. quiet after dialling.
    our mobiles were also dead - network busy.
    tried mobile to blueface and mobile to mobile.

it's all funny.

anyway, it backs to normal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

mart_max wrote:
    we had the same problem but i don't it had anything to do with blueface.

How do you know this? Do you work for Blueface? I have 2 mobiles in the house (different service providers) and at the time I could call to and from both of them so there was no cellular network problem.

Besides, many people replied that they had the same problem, living in different areas. "Network busy" is usually a cell-specific problem unless there is a major load on the entire network (such as New Years). If the cellular network went down last night I am sure you would have read something in papers this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

There was an approximate 60 minute outage last night between 1830 and 1930 on our primary Irish PSTN gateway server. The issue was flagged and fixed as quickly as possible and we will be taking measures to reduce future inicidents.

Aaron

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks for the reply nice to see good customer service like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I was going to say "I'm surprised Aaron hasn't notified people of the problem." Can you imagine Eircon volunteering info like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

My service seems to be dead for inbound calls. I can make calls fine but cannot receive. I'm sure it's just me, as I was messing about with some settings an hour ago.

But just in case, anyone else?

IrishTLR wrote:
    I'm sure it's just me, as I was messing about with some settings an hour ago.

Prob yes. When I got Blueface I went on an expedition playing around with settings etc on the PAP2's web interface that I eventually "locked" myself out of the config. After a support call to Linksys (free interactive irc-based chat session, which worked super cool) the friendly support guy in Malaysia pointed out my over-eager temptation for changing settings. Red faced I corrected my mistake and thanked him.

May be usefull to look at router settings if your problem persist, I found the FAQ on BlueFace's website to be usefull.

aaronc wrote:
    There was an approximate 60 minute outage last night between 1830 and 1930 on our primary Irish PSTN gateway server.

It was a bit unexpected, but thank you very much for atleast explaining the situation. Even if the service was down the entire evening, and you explained to me then like you did above, I would be satisfied that you had a bona fide problem.

This is great service... atleast a straight answer, as opposed to... "(some leading Irish telecoms support) guy : Oh, it must be your computer. Reformat and reinstall everything, hopefully then that Quake4 demo will download faster over your dial-up...." :D

Thanks Aaron.

Advertisement