Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators posting in locked threads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Sarge wrote:
    Post of the year.
    Dear sarge,

Shut the **** up.

By order of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Moriarty wrote:
    Fuckhead of the month award FOR YUO!!!!

Well top marks have to go to Moriarty for his humorous posts; I think a wee bit of we we came out after I spent ten minutes laughing at that post.

here is another attempt by moriarty at humour
    Moriarty wrote:
    Sarge banned from Broadband for racist comments.

HAHAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

stfu.gif

Dear sarge,

Shut the **** up.

By order of the internet.

Who are you?

In fact I don't really care who you are! When you make a relatively good reply then I might acknowledge your existence, until then you are just this small dot on the screen.

You like all them hand movements then Moriarty, again poor poor attempt at humour maybe I should start referring you to here.

• Advertisement

Sarge stop trying to turn this into a flame war. You're only trying to lure people into getting banned for flaming you for making clearly intentionally retarded posts.

If you actually have some kind of mental handicap, I apologise because its not your fault.

To the point of the thread, BrianD3, how do you manage to be so self righteous about the whole bloody thing if you arenyt even completely clear on how the system works?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I thought moriarty was funny :(

Sarge stop trying to turn this into a flame war. You're only trying to lure people into getting banned for flaming you by making such retarded posts.

Your opinion is held in such high regards by many, and I think im going to frame that reply because you obviously spent more then the usual two seconds thinking about it , well done ! That dot is getting bigger; you might actually become someone to me soon. Best of luck with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

So what is a good attempt at humour?

Maybe our self-styled king of "burns" will inform us lowly minions.

So what is a good attempt at humour?

Maybe our self-styled king of "burns" will inform us lowly minions.

Did Moriarty send you here ?

• Advertisement

oh my

is that another quality burn?

/me is in awe

Take it too the thunderdome , i don't have time to be wasting with these childish comments on feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is it already your birthday again, Sarge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sarge wrote:
    Take it too the thunderdome , i don't have time to be wasting with these childish comments on feedback.
    Clearly...

Sarge wrote:

xmas_orly.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

how festive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Is it already your birthday again, Sarge?
    Brilliant. POTM nominee in fact. That or he's drunk.

Oh if only he was.

thats the tragic part.

/me waits for obligatory "who are you? was that an attempt at humour" response

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Sarge wrote:
    i don't have time to be wasting with these childish comments on feedback.
    Sarge wrote:
    I'm hungry

you forgot
    Sarge wrote:
    I'm hungry
    Sarge wrote:
    Post of the year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Dcully wrote:
    If you read the thread i got banned for there are many more who used this so called racist term "coloured".

Im still intrigued as to why the guys caling me racist are not banned.

as i said to you in a PM, you were banned for personal abuse towards another poster, not for being racist.
    i even said in a PM to you that i dont think you are being racist.

the only point i made on the thread is that not all black people are 'foreign'.

in fact, i put in the bit about you PM me on the the thread so you wouldnt think i banned you for being racist.

and as i said yet again in PM, if you think you were being abused, then report the posts!

aside from that, there really isnt anything more to add.

im sure you are a good moderator, and this has not a reflection on that.

with regards the locked thread, i wasnt aware it was locked. i dont tend to scroll to the top of a thread to see if its locked or not to be honest. if you want it opened, then ask the mod who locked it. i think it was MikeD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

An idiot racist was banned. Yay!

I see no trouble here, except that he should probably be sitebanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

lol is all I can say

Was actual PM'ing WWM this morning about his mod/non mod on Motors. Now my problem was that a few weeks I reported a thread. I seen it as personal abuse in the heat of the moment and it was dealt with by the mods Mike65 and Borzoi and the thread went on. Then about a day later I get a bulls**t post from WWM more or less telling me not to report a thread. I pointed out to him according to boards his is a mod of the forum and this is not the atitude to have about someone reporting a thread(was first and last time I done this seeing as mods atitude). Told him if he had a problem was better to PM than post on the thread putting down someone for using the Report a thread function.

Was then told in no un-certain terms he wasnt a mod of the Motors forum which I seen strange but couldn't be arsed to reply anymore.

So then he bans Dcully and I asked him this morning if he was a mod or not. Reply below:

im a catagory mod, im not a mod of the local forum.
    i repsond only to reported posts, or posts that i find while i am browsing.
    when you reported posts, you were complaining becuase people didnt see your point, and you reported it as personal abuse. which it wasnt. it was people disagreeing with you.
    you got upset that people calling were calling you a bad driver,and reporting a post to say that peoplw who didnt know you were calling you a bad driver.
    i hardly think thats abuse.

of course, if i had, then i would have been branded a mod on a power trip, and if i dont, im a bad mod according to you.
    its a case of damned if i do and damned if i dont, so i do what i think is fairest.
    i didnt think you were abused.
    i think yesterday Dcully made direct abusive remarks, so he was banned.

does that make sense to you?
    becuase it either will or it wont, and if it doesnt, then sorry, but thats my position on it. sure, its harsh that he felt he had to defend himself that way, and maybe he felt that he was being picked on, but i just ban all direct personal abuse. if i dont, then i get accused of favouritism etc.
    its much simpler to ban someone for a few days and let things calm down. i dont think he ws being racist. ive said it to him, but he still seems to think thats why i banned him. i actually can do no more to convince him.

Was going to reply but seen this thread. So in other words it seems he can butt into the conversation. Say what he likes. Then if someone disagrees then its ok because he is not a mod but he still can't be banned. Type of things been posted in last while that I can remember:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054862684&page=3

That looks like trolling to start an arguement then asks for someone to get banned because of the cr*p he posted originally. Now I have been on boards a long time and this is the sort of stuff I expect from WWM.

What are you talking about? He's a CMod. See http://boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Moderator

rsynnott wrote:
    What are you talking about? He's a CMod. See http://boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Moderator

What are you talking about? read the post. Also quit with your racist stuff. Its not even the point of the thread

Big Nelly wrote:
    What are you talking about? read the post. Also quit with your racist stuff. Its not even the point of the thread

Read the CMod article :)

And yes, my comment on his racism was posted before I read that he was banned for personal abuse, rather than for racism. This wasn't a surprising mistake for me to make; the post that sparked all this off is quite racist, and if he hadn't been banned for abuse he certainly should have been banned for racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

rsynnott wrote:

And yes, my comment on his racism was posted before I read that he was banned for personal abuse, rather than for racism. This wasn't a surprising mistake for me to make; the post that sparked all this off is quite racist, and if he hadn't been banned for abuse he certainly should have been banned for racism.
    Moral here being read beore you post... which in fact was my point in the other thread on Motors. Just cause someone mentions a nationality when relating an incident on a message board, DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN they are "having a go" at that entire country's population.

I think several people need to step back and think before they resort to name calling.

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Moral here being read beore you post... which in fact was my point in the other thread on Motors. Just cause someone mentions a nationality when relating an incident on a message board, DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN they are "having a go" at that entire country's population.

I think several people need to step back and think before they resort to name calling.

Re-read the post; it is clearly racist.

• Advertisement

rsynnott wrote:

My point is if wasn't clear from first post how can you say one week your not a mod but the next week you say you are. Either you are or your not? ok if your over it all but then why bother denying it? it seems to suggest that on some subject WWM can claim to be a mod but on others he doesn't want to be.

Also it wasn't racist. If I said I was an Irish person that done something on the road would a non-national then see me as a racist? some people really need to get a grip on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement