Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Using Nokia 6230 as a modem VIA IR

• 18-12-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering how do I go about setting up my nokia 6230 as a modem with my laptop using my IR,

I have download the .inf driver for windows Xp and in device manager it sees it as a modem now, but when I goto create a dial up connection it wont dial out,

I know from have m 6310i setup before that there was a vodafone 087 dialup no that you could call but im afraid I have lost these details i also dont know what username or password to use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi, try this sticky Irish Operator Settings

still having problems make sure you post back answers to the relevant questions in this sticky: HELLO THERE... About to ask how to get connected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

hi there I have put in all these settings and i can use GRPS on the fone its self, but What I cant do is use the phone as a modem to dial up with my laptop,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

all sorted now there is a little icon on the taskbar and right click and choose connect to internet, happy days connected @ 460kps

Advertisement