Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Time is an hour ahead? Whats is up with it.

Options
  • 18-12-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

New threads and posts are showing different time ie. they are an hour ahead.

see here

it is quite confusing :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions
    scroll down and check your settings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

wow behind on the times aren't we

its due to the pagers not being up to scratch and being rich but not really

regards

wetpisskid

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Those damn Neocons are messing with your head !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Whatever about neocons, I have figured it out, i set the time to (GMT –1:00hour) Azores, Cape Verde Islands, but that says i'm living on a rock in the middle of the Atlantic:confused: How will santa find me? :eek: I remeber doing some tampering with it while on holidays during the USA this summer obviously I never reset it right. Still I don't fancy living in the middle of the Atlantic. Can Ii have it on the GMT London without it being wonked?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Simple, just change all your watches and clocks to reflect the 'Boards Standard Time' zone and live by that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

netwhizkid wrote:
    Whatever about neocons, I have figured it out, i set the time to (GMT –1:00hour) Azores, Cape Verde Islands, but that says i'm living on a rock in the middle of the Atlantic:confused: How will santa find me? :eek: I remeber doing some tampering with it while on holidays during the USA this summer obviously I never reset it right. Still I don't fancy living in the middle of the Atlantic. Can Ii have it on the GMT London without it being wonked?
    Tick/untick the "Adjust for DST" option?

Edit: Select "Automatically Adjust for DST" from the drop down box in options.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

actually from what I hear cape Verde is quite nice, and would be a hot property investment.

1 Go to your User CP

2 select "Edit options" from the list of links on the left

3 Scroll down to where it says "Date and time settings"

4. in this box you will see two drop down menus the first is the time zone. printed above it is the following
    All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.

on the menu select "GMT London Lisbon Cassablanca"

on the menu directly below it, with the following text
    In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.

be sure that this menu is set to "Automatically detect DST settings"

when you have this done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "save settings"

Advertisement