Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new meteor service

• 18-12-2005 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

For the past week when anybody rings me and I'm out of coverage or have my phone turned off, and they don't leave a message, as soon as I get coverage again I get an automated text message saying that this person was trying to call me. Very handy service! Just wondering if any of the other operators have this, haven't heard of it before...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Prettty sure it's just Meteor who have this. And yeah, only from recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sweet, didn't hear about this, sounds like a seriously handy service.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got it when I was out on Saturday night. Had a few drinks and didnt know what was going on. Meteor are really making a decent effort to keep us happy which is more than I can say for the other networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Genghis

Orange have it in the UK. Brilliant Service. Makes sense from the operator's point of view too as it prompts return calls (and return call revenue).

I do wonder what would happen if (say) 25 (0r 50) people called. Would you get several messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Wow, Meteor being innovative! They're calling it Call Catcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Genghis wrote:
    I do wonder what would happen if (say) 25 (0r 50) people called. Would you get several messages?

You get one message per phone number. In each message it will tell you how many calls you missed form that number. It's a great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I wonder if 3 will launch that service, I could always phone and suggest it to them, after all that is one of the reasons that customer care services are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

I wonder if 3 will launch that service, I could always phone and suggest it to them, after all that is one of the reasons that customer care services are available.

3 and customer service!!, you must be having a laugh!!. I can safely say that in all my dealings with any company ( any I mean any ) that 3 are by far the very very worst. I honestly believe that they would be better having a recorded message at the end of their "help" ( snigger ) line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Genghis

radioman wrote:
    Wow, Meteor being innovative! They're calling it Call Catcher

Thats a little unfair, I think.

AFAIK Meteor are the only ones who provide Flash Texting.
    They use SMS codes more extensively than the others (there's a whole heap of *100*# type codes, including one to instantly check your credit).
    Their pricing has always been innovative (no line rental, simple pricing).
    Their free text offers are still unique.
    Their roaming agreement with O2 was an innovative way to quickly give international coverage.
    Check out their pricing comparison tool on their website - also very innovative.

BTW I don't work for them or anything. I have been with all 3 2G networks and imho Meteor are the best by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Genghis wrote:

BTW I don't work for them or anything. I have been with all 3 2G networks and imho Meteor are the best by far.
    customer service isn't too great however, or coverage (lost signal in Clondalkin wtf!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm would of been handy for me when i was on meteor, because i could never get coverage at home (bray).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Just seen this option last week, great idea because with work I miss alot of calls and I hate that stupid message minder thing. Also does every other network now have the icon that Meteor have put on your screen if you have a message waiting n message minder? find this useful as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

meteor is the only network to provide this service... and yeah the little icon is quite handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

erm.....this is a rubbish service. You want phone calls not messages saying someone was trying to ring. If the put the money they wasted on this into coverage they might get a few more customers.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Skyuser wrote:
    erm.....this is a rubbish service. You want phone calls not messages saying someone was trying to ring. If the put the money they wasted on this into coverage they might get a few more customers.

no it's not, if your phone is off or out of coverage on O2 or Voda you have no way of knowing someone tried to call unless they leave a message.

on meteor you get a txt with the info. pretty good service if you ask me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

If it was important, would they not leave a message?

Not exactly innovative, it's been available to all the operators for years, it's a feature of the voicemail systems I'd bet.

Probably just an attempt to drive usage by Meteor, you may call them back ask the person that rang you what they wanted.

SG

Advertisement