Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probot vs Roadrunner All Stars!!

• 18-12-2005 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i was just thinking yesterday that RR Allstars is basically a rip off of the Probot idea so i decided to get some feedback about which people prefer.Personally i think Probot definitely better.

Probot or RR Allstars? 14 votes

Probot
    0% 0 votes
    Roadrunner Allstars
    64% 9 votes
    The are both poor!
    35% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Thing about it is, they're two completely different concepts. Roadrunner United is a tribute to 25 years of Roadrunner bands, whereas Probot was Dave Grohl's means to play heavy music. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he said in an interview that he was sick of turning up everywhere and playing songs as light as Learn to Fly, so he did Probot to rock out.
    As far as the poll goes, I think both albums are savage, but I'd have to pick Roadrunner United. No in-depth reason for it, I just prefer it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

RR united has a few good songs (basically, the ones rob flynn did). rr has turned into some horrible generic metalcore label now if this album is to be believed...

if you haven't guessed, i prefer probot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

RR united has a few good songs (basically, the ones rob flynn did). rr has turned into some horrible generic metalcore label now if this album is to be believed...

if you haven't guessed, i prefer probot :D

Ya think? I thought the guy from Trivium easily wrote the best songs. In The Fire is classic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, never thought about how similar they were in concept. Definately a lot different, but both have their charms. I'll sit on the fence for this one, I like them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i thought joey jords songs were awful. matt heafy's production let him down i thought but in fairness he had never tried it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

ya joeys did kinda suck.that "No Way Out" song is easily one of the worst pieces of trash i ever heard.id prefer to listen to that "Annihilation..." song and i absolutly hate that glen dude!from what ive heard from probot,roadrunner is seriously better, they shouldve just got rob flynn to write every song on the album,the goddamn legend.matt heafys were decent,but nothing amazing.i cant believe how crap king diamond is!

Advertisement