Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owned :-)

Options
  • 18-12-2005 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

He he he, just had a good round on Warlord and wanted to share, sure they were a bunch of noobs but tis rare enough to get a streak like this :-)

I was in a tank btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Feck thats impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Nice to see the brits gettin beat :D & you'll have got a shiny gold medal :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Seriously, its not just impressive, its wierd. 0 deaths? What did you do, float around in a chopper on a server full of puppies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

No chopper on Warlord, but puppies for sure, funny thing I was Medic the whole round (not engy) and would look for suppy crates anytime I got hit hard. Kept moving and capped flags as I went. I guess most of the opposition were assault/medic and didn't feel the need to try and take me out ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Played mate, tis always quality to own like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Nice, very nice. Hit and run tactics are always good.

Fairy

I hope you did lots of pelvic thrusting to your monitor afterward.

Dont think my joystick will ever be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

amazin, congrats mate I haven't got any gold medals yet....sniff sniff :(

What do you get a purple heart for??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Nice 1.
    And there were a few lads there with Clan tags so they wernt all total noobs so that makes it a little more impresive.

• Advertisement

<shocked look> I aint got no steekin purple heart !.

Its a good conduct medal, the PH needs 1:4 k/d ratio and a min of 20 deaths.

As for the Clan members, most/all were on my team :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Vegeta wrote:
    What do you get a purple heart for??

Description: Awarded to any member of the armed forces who has been killed in any action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country

Criteria:

* Combat Rating: Outstanding
    * Battlefield Commendation

Requirements:

* IAR: A K: D ratio of 1:4 with a minimum of 5 kills/20 deaths

Big Nelly wrote:
    Description: Awarded to any member of the armed forces who has been killed in any action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country

Criteria:

* Combat Rating: Outstanding
    * Battlefield Commendation

Requirements:

* IAR: A K: D ratio of 1:4 with a minimum of 5 kills/20 deaths

One of my mates got one last night and I was like dam how come I haven't got one??? Now I see they aren't really a good thing. I had read the description but it wasn't the clearest. Thanks for clearing that up. Still I like shiny things so I might go around and get myself killed a few times just to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Did actually try to get it before, lol. Wasnt happenin. Even runnin in couldnt get killed 20 times. Dunno how ya do it :P maybe if suicide a lot??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Berns wrote:
    Did actually try to get it before, lol. Wasnt happenin. Even runnin in couldnt get killed 20 times. Dunno how ya do it :P maybe if suicide a lot??

I got one which I am proud of. Serious hangover day and I said I would play BF2 to try and amuse myself. Once I got that medal I said enough is enough. Back to bed for me

Mind you my 5th kill was with gernade launcher to take chopper down....impressive...lol

Haket wrote:
    <shocked look> I aint got no steekin purple heart !.

Its a good conduct medal, the PH needs 1:4 k/d ratio and a min of 20 deaths.

As for the Clan members, most/all were on my team :-)

Whoa sorry man, didn't mean you it was just a general question cos my housemate got one last night and I was jealous I didn't have one until i heard what they are awarded for

He he, yeah I realised that after I reread the post, I'm not insecure . . . .honest I'm not. . . . . I've also come to the conclusion I hate the night based SF maps. The day ones rock though.

I haven't bought SF yet but I am considering it now as I hear it might suit my tastes more, would you advise me to be buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yes i'm considering getting SF now, bugs or otherwise (i have cash now...)...

also, i got 2 purple hearts. :D

SF is very good.
    Only draw backs are the night maps and the bugs.
    IF the night maps were during the day it would be fine. Maps in SF are far better than the Vanilla maps (imo)

• Advertisement

Yeah i'd say its worth geting if you've the cash spare. flashbangs are fun, as is the tear gas. That russian gunship is a real pig though. My absolute fav is the RPG, have to play on Rebel side just to use it.

The night levels are just annoying.

Advertisement