Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Video Or Nokia N90

Options
  • 18-12-2005 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, im tore between these two gadgets. can anyone help on which they think is better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Meh wouldn't touch the N90 anyway... It will is being replaced already sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

Just got a iPod video recently. They're the biz. :) You can listen to music, watch videos/dvds and photos. There's even a couple of games on it. My favourite is the music quiz which takes a sample of any one of your music files and you guess what song it is from the answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

being replaced by what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i went for the ipod video and i must say im slightly dissapointed... maybe up for sale soon

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Red Fan X5 wrote:
    Just got a iPod video recently. They're the biz. :) You can listen to music, watch videos/dvds and photos. There's even a couple of games on it. My favourite is the music quiz which takes a sample of any one of your music files and you guess what song it is from the answers.
    lol when i had my ipod the music quiz was a joke. i mean it takes samples of your own personal music collection and even when i had circa 3000 mp3's it wasn't hard to guess which one it was.

anywho i'm in the market for a SE k750i after christmas with a 1gb card - as that's all i need for music to and from college - having had a dedicated mp3 player (ipod and an iriver) i wanted something smaller and the k750i is that and it's a phone to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Well i wouldn't go near either. Both will be updated at a later stage next year so i'd hang on a bit longer-they are 'prototypes' if you will. Both companies are just testing the water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

they're upgraded every year!

yea but most things are updated every year? its like saying bout 4 years ago, i'm not going to buy a diskman because mp3 players are out in few years. live for the moment i say..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

blahblah06 wrote:

What do you mean? It's a cd. Convert it to mp3 and listen away.

• Advertisement

well its a audiobook like. i thought it was especially for the ipod thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

An audiobook is just a book being read by someone. You would treat it like a normal cd. Each chapter is probably one track for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh if you convert it to mp3/wav/m4a etc it will work on the ipod.

now whether or not the actual cd works is another thing but look at it like this.

if it doesn't you're down about 7 euros if not you've conquer the common fear of flying and will be able to use your ipod video to un-bore yourself on the plane.

LOL cremo fingers crossed..

Oh btw thanks for your help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

K750i.jpg
    Plays anything I've thrown at it (within reason, and with the Help of Nero Recode 2)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Well i wouldn't go near either. Both will be updated at a later stage next year so i'd hang on a bit longer-they are 'prototypes' if you will. Both companies are just testing the water

well in fairness a year is a long time away. Sure they upgrade them all the time. last x mas i got the new and improved ipod, this year im gettin the video. they never stop changing, how long would u have to wait till there out of ideas.

Well myself i have a n90 and i'm pretty impressed. All depends on what your after really ! your talking about a phone or mp3 player.. The n90 is fairly big, but has good cam, software etc for it. Thats my two cents on it anyways!

why on earth is there no charger with the ipod

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

blahblah06 wrote:
    why on earth is there no charger with the ipod

It charges when you plug it into your computer. Read the manual.

• Advertisement

smart arse. not everyone has a computer to bring away with them on holidays do they. you read the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Advertisement