Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reality Exchange

Options
  • 19-12-2005 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I blog at http://www.avalon5.com (aka "Howl @ The Moon!") and based on recent posts and responses I'm looking to put together a concept known as "The Reality Exchange". Essentially I hope to bring together people from opposite ends of political, social, cultural and religious spectrums to discuss/debate issues and then publish (jointly) the results to all concerned.

The reason this popped up as an idea is in response to a post at my site entitied "The Illusion of Truth and the Certainty of Doubt" - please read this for more info as it will outline the issues, and then proposed idea for this exchange concept.

I see it taking the form of IRC hookups, where people come to discuss particular topics and exchange views. The key thing is it's not a knocking shop (e.g. the objective is not to score points over your other participants). Rather its an opportunity to potentially get a more informed viewpoint by getting access to people from across the globe who - like yourself - want to get to the truth of things.

If you are interested in participating in this little experiment, then please drop by my site (http://www.avalon5.com) and get in touch with me there via the "CONTACT" form or just comment on the article and leave an email address. I'll follow up with anyone who is genuinely interested in trying this approach out.

Timescale to launch this is probably Jan 06 at the mo. Thanks.

c0y0te

ps - if this is in the wrong place mods, please do move it to wherever it belongs. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

c0y0te wrote:
    The key thing is it's not a knocking shop
    Is that the correct phrase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

LOL - you know what I mean..... ;)

If it's possible to actually bring together folks from around the globe for informed discussion on specific topics, without trying to just push your own point of view over those of others - then I think it's worth a try. Response so far has been good. Let me know if you are interested.

c0y0te

Advertisement