Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 2?

Options
  • 19-12-2005 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

hey im looking to "aquire" quake, quake 2, doom, doom 2 , or duke nukem. dose any one know where i ight download them???? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Misc-AgainstRules.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Metaxis

...ye thats what they sed on Irc, but u cant get them in shops any more n i dont have acredit card to get them online..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

[nowai.jpg
    warezmonkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

No, you're fully legal. Quake 1 is shareware and afaik you're allowed to download a fully working copy of it. Don't have a link on me at the moment, google for it though. Also, the source code has been released for both quake 1 and quake 2 I think (and quake3), so no problem with those. Don't know what the story is with duke nukem or doom, but theres a good chance you can legally download them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

How about you local game store, go to the counter and say you wish to purchase these games, then go on to say if they dont have them about them ordering them in if you put a depost down, there you go all done, otherwise hit tesco as they will do it for you.

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Metaxis

Illkillya wrote:
    No, you're fully legal. Quake 1 is shareware and afaik you're allowed to download a fully working copy of it. Don't have a link on me at the moment, google for it though. Also, the source code has been released for both quake 1 and quake 2 I think (and quake3), so no problem with those. Don't know what the story is with duke nukem or doom, but theres a good chance you can legally download them too.

thanks man ill keep a look out for it... one other thing dose anyone on the net still play them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Doom and Doom2 arent abandonware yet. Only Doom you can legally download for free is Doom95, which is sort of like a demo version, only has the first 16 levels of Doom1 on it (or is it 32?).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They are all available to download freely, the problem is using ID's assets. Hence you should download all the games and delete the pak/wad files and you'll be fine ;) Of course this would mean making your own assets but haven't we all done that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Metaxis wrote:
    thanks man ill keep a look out for it... one other thing dose anyone on the net still play them??
    Yes theres a lot of people playing Quake (with QuakeWorld extension), but the standard is extremely high at this stage so unless you find a newbie server (there are a few) then you will die 50 times without even seeing the other guy.

Quake2 has a handful of active servers in the UK, standard is nothing special either so its easy to hop on and play.

Advertisement